Dear Turris users,
We are thrilled to announce to you a new major 5.0 version of Turris OS in the testing branch Here be Turtles (hbt) . This release is based on the latest OpenWrt version 19.07.2 with our features, our userspace setup, and our kernel configuration. It is available for Turris MOX, Turris Omnia and experimentally supported Turris 1.x routers when you are booting from microSD card using Btrfs.
We would like to share with you some highlights of this release.
- We have been working on our redesigned Foris (reForis), which has now a few amazing features like snapshots integration and remote control, but it is in the development.
- In default configurations, there is enabled support for USB Mass Storage devices by default to use Storage plugin without installing package list NAS.
- There is added support for secondary IP addresses for DNS servers and enabled TLS for Google DNS servers.
- There is a basic migration from samba3 to samba4.
- As a time-based job scheduler, we are using cronie instead of vixie-cron, which is no longer under development.
- For webapps, there is an automatic redirect to HTTPS, if it is possible.
- LuCI is using client-side rendering for improvement performance.
- Optional WPA3 support
There is a lot of amazing and interesting stuff, which was not mentioned like security updates, a lot of new and updated packages, which can be installed. More information can be found on our Gitlab or in the OpenWrt changelog. We would like to thank anyone, who tested this release in HBK.
Are you hesitate to test this release before it reaches a stable branch? You can use the following command
switch-branch hbt, which switches you to the testing branch and if you find out any bugs, please let us know about it here or preferably write an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any feedback is appreciated.