Turris OS 7.0 is out!

Dear Turris users,

after a long testing period and multiple breakouts and fixes, we are releasing Turris OS 7.0! The main change is that it is based on newer version of OpenWrt - with Turris OS 7.0 we are migrating to OpenWrt 22.03. We are still keeping iptables and we are still on 5.15 kernels. There are no other new features except change in the underlying OpenWrt - and thus in most of the packages. Reason is simple - minimize the impact and provide as smooth experience as possible.

Apart from that, if everything goes according to the plan, this release should be the first staged release. That means that not everybody will update today. We divided you into several groups and this update will be made available only to a portion of you every day. These groups will change will every update. So if you are the unlucky one that didn’t get 7.0 today, you might be the lucky one next time and get 7.1 at the release date.

This release was delay due to various issues for a long time and we are happy that we can finally release it. If you encounter any issues, please let us know.

16 Likes

I’m really happy to have been drawn.

1 Like

More than 250 hours still to go here. I may not wait that long. But I wait a bit and watch out for your experiences with the upgrade.

I knew my update arrived when all connectivity stopped, and after waiting a few minutes I had to unplug the power cable and reconnect to get my Omnia working again.

Now that the update installed, I notice the time is correct but the notification date says “October 25, 2101” (that’s 77 years ahead).

It does appear to be working aside from the crash and the date thing - should I just ignore this? Happy to generate a report if that would be useful. I think these are minor problems and I look forward to trying the new features.

1 Like

I got the notification from my router, but

Error notifications
===================
Updater execution failed:
WARN:There is a newer version available, but update is scheduled after another 69.4 hours. If you want the latest and greatest all the time, switch to one of the development branches.
INFO:Target Turris OS: 6.5.2
WARN:Request not satisfied to install package: sentinel-dynfw-client
line not found
ERROR:
inconsistent: Requested package foris-controller-lte-module that is not available.
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found

Going to the router, there’s the same message.

“Check updates” yields “There are no updates awaiting your approval.”

5 Likes

Turris Mox from 6.5.1 to 7.0.0 with sdio WiFi and lxc: no problem, just one Reboot. Everything seems to work.

2 Likes

Thanks for valuable feedback!

Very well fine-tuned distribution.

Omnia setup with update approval.
Got 4 emails so far.

Error notifications

WARN:There is a newer version available, but update is scheduled after another 285.3 hours. If you want the latest and greatest all the time, switch to one of the development branches.
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
ERROR:
inconsistent: Requested package foris-controller-lte-module that is not available.

5 Likes

Turris Omnia, PPPoE WAN, Wifi disabled, two LXC containers with autostart → no problem yet, even system time is correct :wink:

1 Like

I get the same error message:

Error notifications
===================
WARN:There is a newer version available, but update is scheduled after another 111.9 hours. If you want the latest and greatest all the time, switch to one of the development branches.
line not found
ERROR:
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found

Not sure what to do now.

Will the issue solve itself after 111.9 hours?

1 Like

Thank you for and all the others who have 4G card and haven’t received update yet for the report about missing foris-controller-lte-module. It is a small bug in staging updates. Although you are held back at the previous release, package lists are for some reason taken from the new release already. We will debug it and we will fix. This will solve itself once you get to 7.0 but I understand, that it is annoying. We will try to fix it as soon as possible.

3 Likes

I received the same error on Omnia (from Indiegogo campaign) without 4G card.
Error message dismissed, when I cleared “Extensions of network protocols for 3G/4G/5G” in Packages Lists":

/tmp/updater_crash.log:

Stack Traceback
===============
(1) Lua function '?' at line 57 of chunk '"logging"]'
	Local variables:
	 err = Requested package foris-controller-lte-module that is not available.  {msg:Requested package foris-controller-lte-module that is not available. (more...)}
	 err2string = Lua function '?' (defined at line 38 of chunk "logging"])
	 msg = string: "\
inconsistent: Requested package foris-controller-lte-module that is not available."
	 (*temporary) = table: 0x3d06050  {msg:
inconsistent: Requested package foris-controller-lte-module that is not available. (more...)}
(2)  C function 'function: 0x1410fe0'
(3) upvalue C function 'error'
(4) Lua local 'pkg_plan' at line 358 of chunk '"planner"]'
	Local variables:
	 plan_pkg = table: 0x14af360  {tp:package, name:foris-controller-lte-module, final:table: 0x2622c00}
	 ignore_missing = boolean: false
	 ignore_missing_pkg = boolean: false
	 only_version = nil
	 parent_str = string: "Requested package"
	 name = string: "foris-controller-lte-module"
	 missing_pkg = number: 2626
(5) Lua function '?' at line 470 of chunk '"planner"]'
	Local variables:
	 pkgs = table: 0x13b19b0  {luci-i18n-cshark-he:table: 0x2c7ae70, kmod-video-gspca-vc032x:table: 0x252f3b0 (more...)}
	 requests = table: 0x13d68f0  {1:table: 0x19f2890, 2:table: 0x1521ab0, 3:table: 0x1acd5e0, 4:table: 0x1acd430 (more...)}
	 sat = userdata: 0x39dfd98
	 satmap = table: 0x39dca00  {pkgs:table: 0x13b19b0, pkg2sat:table: 0x39cae30, sat:userdata: 0x39dfd98 (more...)}
	 plan = table: 0x3e6b700  {1:table: 0x3457150, 2:table: 0x3457310, 3:table: 0x34572c0, 4:table: 0x344e0b0 (more...)}
	 planned = table: 0x3e6aa70  {python3-ncurses:321, python3-pycparser:364, rainbow-animator:301, libevent2:41 (more...)}
	 wstack = table: 0x3e69de0  {}
	 inwstack = table: 0x3e69090  {}
	 inconsistent = table: 0x3e683a0  {}
	 missing_dep = table: 0x3e67710  {}
	 pkg_plan = Lua function '?' (defined at line 345 of chunk "planner"])
	 (for generator) = C function: 0xb6fe6540
	 (for state) = table: 0x13d68f0  {1:table: 0x19f2890, 2:table: 0x1521ab0, 3:table: 0x1acd5e0, 4:table: 0x1acd430 (more...)}
	 (for control) = number: 122
	 _ = number: 122
	 req = table: 0x14af270  {package:table: 0x14af360, priority:40, tp:install}
(6) tail call
	Local variables:
	 (*temporary) = C function: 0x1410fe0
(7) tail call
	Local variables:
	 (*temporary) = C function: 0x1410fe0
(8) Lua function '?' at line 71 of chunk '"updater"]'
	Local variables:
	 entrypoint = string: "file:///etc/updater/conf.lua"

2 Likes

Update 6.5.1 HBS → 7.0.0 HBS ok except for the lte package.

Also, in the error, I got the info that the update will be held for another 200 hours, but when update finished, it already says I’m on 7.0.0. The only thing I did is I clicked the approve button.

Omnia Wifi 6 with MOX Wifi 6 Addon + LTE kit, storage plugin on flashdrive.

Hello there…question about the updates & who is receiving them.
Is the selection a complete random thing, or do you have a selection of more ‘experienced’ users who take the heat?
No complaints here since i 'm happy not to have the update ( NooB here, loves stability) , but just wondering how you decide…

Also, is this only with major releases, and after 7.01 all are equal again?

The update came yesterday and worked pretty much as expected, after a reboot things seemed to work.

Slight hitch, I ran into the reported issue of iftop sshowing bogus negative numbers, but removing and reinstalling iftop solved the issue for me (similar to the force-install method descrobed on the 7.0.0rc thread):

opkg update && opkg remove iftop && opkg install iftop

I have not looked much deeper yet, but internet access via WiFi works, as does remote login via OpenVpn…

Exactly the same error about foris-controller lte and a warning about sentinel-dynfw-client on my side. Just created another topic about it before seeing this:
https://forum.turris.cz/t/another-updater-failed-execution-on-ssentinel-dynfw-client/19945

1 Like

Weird:

root@orangebox-1:~# opkg update 
root@orangebox-1:~# pkgupdate 
WARN:There is a newer version available, but update is scheduled after another 192.7 hours. If you want the latest and greatest all the time, switch to one of the development branches.
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
ERROR:
root@orangebox-1:~# cat /etc/openwrt_release 
DISTRIB_ID='TurrisOS'
DISTRIB_RELEASE='7.0.0'
DISTRIB_REVISION='r20300+124-3547565f24'
DISTRIB_TARGET='mvebu/cortexa9'
DISTRIB_ARCH='arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16'
DISTRIB_DESCRIPTION='TurrisOS 7.0.0 3547565f245479dc1643ea66828fb55635d49051'
DISTRIB_TAINTS='busybox'
root@orangebox-1:~# cat /etc/turris-
turris-version  turris-webapps/ 
root@orangebox-1:~# cat /etc/turris-version 

That’s why you have HBT and others.