Turris OS 7.0 is out!

This issue should be resolved now.

Exactly. Therefore, i was wondering, if this route is something in-between HBS & HBT?

Selection is completely random and doesn’t stay the same between releases. So every release, we pick the groups from scratch, so not being in the first batch this time doesn’t guarantee that you wouldn’t be in the first batch next time.

It is a way how to lower the impact of potentially troublesome releases. We will most likely use it in future releases as well, but one of the parameters is how much do we want to stretch the time period. For 7.0 it is 13 days, but for 7.0.1 I guess something like 3 days might suffice. But when we will be fixing some serious security issue, we will skip staging updates altogether.

5 Likes

Error notifications

Updater execution failed:
INFO:Target Turris OS: 7.0.0
line not found
ERROR:
inconsistent: Requested package php7-mod-session that is not available.
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found

2 Likes

How many did you get?
I am getting a new one every hour.
I turned off automatic updates for now.

1 Like

It does not seem so :frowning:

April 10, 2024 4:22 PM

Updater execution failed:
WARN:There is a newer version available, but update is scheduled after another 92.9 hours. If you want the latest and greatest all the time, switch to one of the development branches.
INFO:Target Turris OS: 6.5.2
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
ERROR:
inconsistent: Requested package foris-controller-lte-module that is not available.

Yeah, the serial number is part of the calculation. If you really want to force it, you can modify the update Lua code in /etc/updater/conf.d/turris.lua around line 117 where the branch is set to hbs-old.

But personally, I just prefer to wait and be happy not to be in the first batch.

1 Like

This seems to be too much hype for myself :see_no_evil:

You can do that completely old school on your own:

• either install it instantly per USB and newly configurating your device (that way there will be no upgrade-issues at all…). And if that fails you can rollback with a hopefully externally saved backup.
  • or deactivate automatic updates and wait a couple of weeks until the dusk has settled :grinning:

We overlooked one path but that one should be fixed now as well.

1 Like

Well, if you want the latest and greatest, switch to hbt or hbk or hbl. If you don’t want automatic updates, switch them to manual approval :man_shrugging:

1 Like

For me 7.0.0 is very unstable, I have had multiple crashes and reboots and one full system hang where I had to power cycle my Turris Omnia.

Weird, do you have some log/dmesg about what is going on?

T 1.1 upgrade from 6.5.1 to 7.0.0. Reboot needed. Unconnected USB stick as srv after reboot. OK after next reboot.

1 Like

Thank you, there is some progress.

April 10, 2024 6:18 PM
Changes performed by updater at 2024-04-10T16:18:31+00:00
• Removed package gnupg-utils version 1.4.23-3

root@turris:~# pkgupdate 
WARN:There is a newer version available, but update is scheduled after another 78.3 hours. If you want the latest and greatest all the time, switch to one of the development branches.
INFO:Target Turris OS: 6.5.2
WARN:Request not satisfied to install package: sentinel-dynfw-client
WARN:Requested package reforis-openvpn-plugin-l10n-de that is missing, ignoring as requested.
WARN:Requested package reforis-diagnostics-plugin-l10n-de that is missing, ignoring as requested.
WARN:Requested package reforis-snapshots-plugin-l10n-de that is missing, ignoring as requested.
WARN:Requested package reforis-haas-plugin-l10n-de that is missing, ignoring as requested.
WARN:Requested package reforis-data-collection-plugin-l10n-de that is missing, ignoring as requested.

So I can expect the update to be performed in 3 days, right?
Any option to run it earlier?

Pls add module kmod-usb3 to contrib, thx :slight_smile:

INFO:Target Turris OS: 7.0.0
line not found
ERROR:
inconsistent: Requested package kmod-usb3 that is not available.
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found

1 Like

Today is a big day. OpenWrt 22.03 from 2022, on which the just released TOS 7 is based, is now EOL.

5 Likes

According to:
https://openwrt.org/releases/22.03/notes-22.03.6
There is a plan announced for a final OpenWrt22 release in April 2024, which as far as I can tell has not happened (and might not happen ever).

While I always hope for speedier updates and closer temporal lag to OpenWrt I am quite thankful for the jump to OpenWrt 22 as base.

I wonder what the next goal is going to be switching to nftables/firewall4 or switching to an OpenWrt23 base. I guess I am going to see, after the normal ‘bake-in period’ for new releases…

5 Likes

Not so safe indeed.

xz - 5.2.5-3 - 5.4.1-1
xz-utils - 5.2.5-3 - 5.4.1-1
2 Likes

Accessed my Turris via SSH, could start htop and saw that transmission used all CPU.
After a power cycle (no reboot after the update before) I’m lucky if my Turris responds to ping sometimes. Internet access still works, although not reliable.

So this update completely broke my Turris.

Update 11.04.2024/14:49:
Ok so transmission is broken or at least using massive amounts of resources; I managed to disable it via LuCI.
Connection problems to the Turris itself may were caused by a static IP address conflict (my fault).

There doesn’t seem to be a tag for 7.0 release (at least not in the turris-build repo). Is that intentional?

1 Like