Turris OS 5.4.5 (MOX only)

Unfortunately we encountered yet another issue. We found a problem in Turris MOX SDIO Wi-Fi card drivers that makes it unusable on 2.4GHz. We could postpone the release once more and delay it even further till we solved that (we are in communication with the chip vendor trying to solve the issue). But after all the delays that we already had, we decided to go forward with 6.0 nevertheless and just temporally freeze Turris MOXes with SDIO on 5.4 till we solve this issue. This way we can achieve both - majority of our users would get new OS with new features but at the same time we wouldn’t break existing setups with SDIO.

How do I check if this affects my Turris Mox? I noticed I have TurrisOS 6.0 now and my 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi seems to not be working (which is quite annoying, as it effectively means all my IoT devices are offline as many of them don’t support 5Ghz). So I’m suspecting I might be affected and the code that was supposed to move me to the 5.4.5 branch might not have triggered correctly.

Is it safe to use the Snapshots feature to roll back to a snapshot to hopefully get my 2.4 Ghz network back?

Edit: was unsure which snapshot to use but went with snapshot “Snapshot created by cron” in the 5.4.4 times and my 2.4Ghz network is back:

So most likely my system is indeed affected and the scripts didn’t correctly migrate me to 5.4.5.

1 Like