Dear Turris users,
We are proud to inform you that we released Turris OS 5.1.9 to everyone! This release is based on the top of today’s released OpenWrt 19.07.7 with our patches and feeds.
What does it bring to you?
- Fixed security vulnerability in sudo known as Baron Samedit (CVE-2021-3156)
- Fixed security vulnerabilities in wolfSSL (CVE-2020-36177 and CVE-2021-3336)
- Fixed security vulnerabilities in OpenSSL (CVE-2021-23841, CVE-2021-23840, CVE-2021-23839)
- Updated several packages such as kernel, ksmbd, htop, python-paho-mqtt, zerotier, mosquitto, and many more.
- Removed empty feed of OpenWisp, so using CLI can throw you a harmless warning, but nothing to worry about actually.
We suggest to update to this version as soon as possible if you are using delayed updates or approvals. Those who are using automatic updates will be updated to this version soon, and they don’t need to do almost anything except rebooting the device to apply kernel update.
Do you found some regression in this update? Please let us know about it and reach our technical support department by following the guide for Getting help.