Turris OS 5.0.1 is now in the Testing branch!

Dear Turris users,

We are releasing the first RC version of Turris OS 5.0.1 in the HBT (Testing) :turtle: branch.

Developer changelog:

Our changes:

• By default, there is hidden PPPoE password in Foris
  • Allow to disable Guest network in reForis
  • Configuration file of cronie won’t be overwriten by update
  • Fixed German translation in Foris netmetr plugin
  • Updated Sentinel DynFW client
  • Improvements for RIPE Atlas SW Probe and experimental migration from Turris OS 3.x.
  • Added pppd sleep uci option for hack, which we introduced in the previous version
  • Atheros Wi-Fi card AR9287 is now properly detected in LuCI instead of Generic driver

Packages feed:

• gnutls was updated to version 3.6.14, which fixes CVE-2020-13777 and if you are using wpad-openssl package, there is going to be restart of your Wi-Fi network
  • knot was updated to version 2.9.5
  • golang was updated to version 1.13.12
  • improvements for sslh, collectd

If you want to try this release, you need to use switch-branch hbt on your router and if you want to go back, you need to use branch hbs.

We will appreciate any feedback regarding this release.

2 Likes

Known bugs:

same as in Turris OS 5.0 thread + node packages were not compiled due to this error:

1 Like

Shouldn’t there also be configuration for the PPPoE timeout hack?

1 Like

Thanks for pointing it out. I somehow missed that. It is included in 5.0.1. I’m going to update my OP.

1 Like

Reforis, only this page:

Omnia + Turris 1.0

reForis is still in the experimental state. It was mention in other thread, however, it was caused by this error as some dependencies changed and reForis_JS build script failed, but the build of reforis proceed successfully.

ERROR in ./src/app.js
Module build failed (from ./node_modules/babel-loader/lib/index.js):
Error: Cannot find module '@babel/compat-data/corejs3-shipped-proposals'

This was something to easy to fix as it was necessary to just bump some dependencies in reForis to make it working again. This affected new/updated reForis packages. We haven’t postponed HBT release due to security vulnerability in gnutls, which I see it as the biggest priority for us no matter if some experimental things are not working at least in development branches including HBT.

If we would consider postponing things, which breaks we wouldn’t release any release because almost every time there is something to fix. For example, each build with every package takes 4 hours and we would release it to the testing branch today and the final release date would be postponed as well. It works in HBS for now and if there’s going to be another RC version, it will be fixed there, because it is fixed since yesterday evening in all development branches.

yeah, I’m waiting for this one too

uhm…i noticed some issue ( torrent app did not want to open ports ) with upnp. With the 5.0x V on both Mox and Omnia.
Apperanlty that does not start, even if you start it in Luci, and in luci>software.
After doing it by hand with
/etc/init.d/miniupnpd enable
/etc/init.d/miniupnpd start

Then it works

best, Dikke

There’s something weird with updater or package(s):

root@turris:~# opkg update
# seems to run normally

root@turris:~# opkg install knot-dig
Installing knot-dig (2.9.5-1.0) to root...
Downloading https://repo.turris.cz/hbt/omnia/packages/packages/knot-dig_2.9.5-1_arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16.ipk
Collected errors:
 * satisfy_dependencies_for: Cannot satisfy the following dependencies for knot-dig:
 *      knot-libs (= 2.9.5-1)
 * opkg_install_cmd: Cannot install package knot-dig.

root@turris:~# opkg status knot-libs
Package: knot-libs
Version: 2.9.5-1.0
Depends: libc, libpthread, libgnutls, lmdb
Architecture: arm_cortex-a9_vfpv3-d16
Installed-Time: 1591746979

was mentioned in the other thread

1 Like

Hello, everyone,

is it possible to update the package Adblock to 4.0.6 in one of the next RC versions?
The possibility to configure SafeSearch sounds good.

Best regards

>= 4.0.5-3 should support SafeSearch for kresd already, and I do see 4.0.5-4 in current HBT.

EDIT: unless the parts after dash are inconsistent between OpenWrt and Turris… I’m not confident about such details.

I had already noticed that it works, but what I mean is the possibility to select individual providers.
Currently, version 4.0.5 is installed on 5.0 HBS.
Release Notes 4.0.6:

• add anti_ad blocklist source
  • made SafeSearch provider configurable, you can limit
    SafeSearch to certain providers
  • update readme

Best regards

1 Like

3 posts were split to a new topic: Move syslog to /srv instead of /tmp

After switching from HBS (5.0):

Device detection plugin started to behave strange - too many notifications, about the same device. Seems that its reinstallation helped.

Not working LED for 5GHz wifi started to work after update to HBT, but only till restart. After restart it is still not working.

reForis is accessible, but nothing is shown except Turris logo and reForis version. Reinstallation did not helped…

There’s a new RC2 version of Turris OS 5.0.1.

Our changes:

• fix CSS issues for reForis
  • send notification when migration from Turris OS 3.x is completed.

Packages feed:

• updated samba4 and related packages
  • updated adblock to version 4.0.6
1 Like

Can confirm that reForis is working.

The UDP port 1194 on my Omnia router is anaccessible after RC2 install and reboot … my OpenVPN server doesn’t work.

I can confirm that I had some unspecified (did not have an opportunity to diagnose) problems with OpenVPN not working on 5.0.1 RC1. After upgrading to 5.0.1 RC2 and rebooting things are working again.