Dear Turris users,
We are pleased to inform you that we have released a new major version of Turris OS 5.0.0 in the testing branch Here be Turtles (hbt) . This version is based on the latest OpenWrt version 19.0.7 with our features, our userspace setup, and our kernel configuration. There is a lot of new packages, security updates, and interesting new features. Supported routers in this release are Turris MOX, Turris Omnia and there is experimental support for Turris 1.x routers when you are booting from microSD card using Btrfs.
Here there are some highlights which this version brings to you:
- We have been working on our redesigned Foris (reForis), which has now a few amazing features like snapshots integration and remote control, but it is in the development.
- In default configurations, there is enabled support for USB Mass Storage devices by default to use Storage plugin without installing package list NAS.
- There is added support for secondary IP addresses for DNS servers and enabled TLS for Google DNS servers.
- There is a basic migration from samba3 to samba4.
- As a time-based job scheduler, we are using cronie instead of vixie-cron, which is no longer under development.
- For webapps, there is an automatic redirect to HTTPS, if it is possible.
- LuCI is using client-side rendering for improved performance.
- Optional WPA3 support
If you would like to test this release before it reaches a stable branch, you can use the following command
switch-branch hbt, which switches you to the testing branch and if you find out any bugs, please let us know about it here in this thread or preferably write an email to email@example.com and don’t forget to include if possible outputs.
Any feedback is welcome.