Syslog-ng not running in TOS 5.0.0

Hi,

In Turris OS 5.0 thread, there are some steps which need to be followed, because in your post there isn’t anything helpful for us. For that, there are diagnostics, which you can generate in Foris/reForis.

I’d like to hear more details about why it crashed and if you were modifying syslog-ng config file and if it was enabled by default, which is. Was there an error during the update from HBS to HBT? Today I switched during the day at least 5 times from HBS to HBT and I haven’t experienced what you described. Even if you don’t have file /var/log/messages, there is a possibility to run syslog-ng manually, but you said that it works while using init script. There is output from dmesg, there you could see something related. If there’s created symlink obrazek it might not be correct (my case, when I removed syslog-ng) Even if it starts and then crashes, there is respawn.

Anyway, even it will help which syslog-ng version you have installed output of opkg list-installed | grep syslog-ng) then it might be helpful ubus call service list and so on, but these outputs are included in diagnostics.