Turris OS 5.0.0 is going to be in HBK

Dear @Pepe,

here is the output of

$ ls -lh /bin/stat
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root           7 Mar 19 08:15 /bin/stat -> busybox

After running update_alternatives.sh the problem seems to be fixed. and the output of the command above changed:

$ ls -lh /bin/stat
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root          17 Mar 19 09:03 /bin/stat -> /usr/bin/gnu-stat

Regarding the netmetr I have got an information that the netmetr server itself has some issues with IPv6 which I am actually using, so I am waiting for the fix.

For the netboot of MOX, I am going to send you the diagnostics report to tech.support @ turris.cz.
Thanks for your help,
Best
Robert

The (in my opinion) easiest way is to flash the new image to the router with a usb stick. @lucenera has written a good step-by-step guide to complete the upgrade. Help upgrading to turris 4.0.3

Donā€™t forget to make a backup of your configuration first if you donā€™t want to start from scratch. After the upgrade, the switch-branch command is available.

Two days ago I accidentally upgraded from 3.x to 5.x (hbk) and then tried to downgrade with switch-branch hbt to 4.x but the command failed. Unfortunately, since hbk is a little bit too risky for me at the moment with my home office working situation, I flashed 4.x back.

Anyways, maybe if one of you have time to look into this issue, that a downgrade from 5.0.0 is not possible at the moment.

Hello,

May I ask you to execute these commands again and could you send us the output in the ticket? The e-mail address is: tech.support@turris.cz. We will look at this with my colleagues.

Thanks in advance.

Hello @Hashlog,

We have the guide for updating the router in our documentation. It is detailed and official, so you can use this one.

https://docs.turris.cz/hw/omnia/rescue_modes/
https://docs.turris.cz/geek/testing/

INFO:Queue removal of luci-i18n-mjpg-streamer-de
INFO:Queue removal of luci-i18n-tinyproxy-de
Press return to continue, CTRL+C to abort

INFO:Downloading packages
ERROR:(https://repo.turris.cz/hbk/turris1x/packages/packages/collectd-mod-memory_5.10.0-3_powerpc_8540.ipk) Opening output file ā€œ/usr/share/updater/download/collectd-mod-memory-5.10.0-3.2.ipkā€ failed: No file descriptors available
line not found
line not found
line not found
WARN:Crash report of stack trace dump failed.
DIE:
[string ā€œupdaterā€]:114: Error while registering for download: https://repo.turris.cz/hbk/turris1x/packages/packages/collectd-mod-memory_5.10.0-3_powerpc_8540.ipk: Unable to open output file for writing
Aborted
root@turris:~#

In our documentation How to try future releases of Turris OS and also in switch-branch utility, you can see that you are using branch Here be Kittens. It is suggested for experienced users as from to time, there might be occasional bugs, but you should be able to recover from it.

If anything happens, we need detailed bug reports, which is reported by proper way.

There are no environment details in your post and there is just few outputs. We would appreciate more details about it. How we can reproduce it, how it happened?

@viktor I am fully aware of all that. If you read my previous post carefully, it says, that I had to switch back to a more stable branch (hbt), because I need my internet connectivity at the moment. I still wanted to inform you, if maybe somebody else could look into that matter. If I will have time and an acceptable downtime slot, I will try to reproduce the error.

One more think related to update: when updating ddns there is an error with pre-installation scripts:

DIE:Failed to exec /usr/lib/opkg/info//ddns-scripts.preinst: Exec format error
DIE:Failed to exec /usr/lib/opkg/info//ddns-scripts_route53-v1.preinst: Exec format error

Thanks for reply. It was respond for @Twinkie in response to:

There are not much steps to reproduce as I had been on HBL with a just bunch of packages that I had on TOS3 installed via opkg install, Then as this news that HBK is finally TOS5 came out I just give ita try and switch-branch to hbk and run pkgupdate as it was stated here. I will try to install HBK medkid and then do factory rolllback with HBK directly as that would probably work. Both branches are highly experimental and even my experiments to migrate was what it is ā€¦ eperiments. So sorry that I did not posted much details. As i experimented with TOS5 i run into the situation when I had no other option than refresh SD card of TOS3 from image but it was my fault as I tried install hundreads packages together then I came with more clever approach to install first missing kmods then libs a and after that ifnally packages. What is now bigger problem for me that i had compiled openwrt toolchain for powepcspe and compiled some my packages that are not available on openwrt by default only to realize that I can not install them on TOS5 due to different versions of libraries as my toolchain was compiled against master so different versions of openssl is to blame and also I see much bigger problem that I was unable to start LXC container of pihole and debian that I used to run on TOS3 even after config migration under branches of TOS5. My post related to this had been so far unanswered so I donā€™t know if it is possible to run LXC under TOS5 of blue Turris 1 or not or what has to be done in order to make it running. I have all LXC packages installed but no luck. Not sure if create new container will solve the situation. If so I am able to migrate debian packages and config from old container to new one even it will be much more work than just copy whole root fs of LXC to new TOS5 and start it. I would like to persuade more people to help with testing of TOS5 as from my point of view if more and more people try to go on it it could help to test TOS5 to team.

Hi, i buy omnia couple of weeks ago and switch to hbk, it works flawlessly.
One think i would like to know where i can find changelogs to all updated packages ? They are uptaded daily, I tried to google it but not found it anywhere.

I guess https://github.com/openwrt/packages/commits/openwrt-19.07 might be the closest to what you seem to desire.

1 Like

Turris OS 5.0.0. allows finally to execute unprivileged LXC containers, although I do not get the auto boot of the containers running: Unprivileged LXC container on Turris OS 5.0.0

On our repository, thereā€™s a file git-hash. It is changed each time when the build is successful and you can see from which commits and from which feeds it was built.

If you would like to see each change in current HBK, I suggest to follow these repositories:

(and so on)

In response to problems with Netmetr (which are not connected to 5.0.0 however) weā€™ve created issues [1] and [2]. Please follow any further progress there.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Turris OS 4.0.5 is released out!

nOOb question here, running 3x on a omnia, and 4.x on a Mox classic. Mox classic has basically a basic setupā€¦openvpn, adblocker, and a specific VLAN (on WAN ) setup that works.

Now, is it already do able for a nOOb to move over to 5.0? Or is it still in the alpha stage?

thank you, Dikke.

Turris OS 5.0 is in HBK stage. I see this channel as beta, but developers may have a different opinion. Many users have TOS 5 on production devices (both Omnia and MOX, Turris 1.x is not fully supported).

I would like to report a problem in 5.0/hbk. Is here the right place?

root@turris:/sbin# opkg files ip-full
Package ip-full (5.0.0-2.1.0) is installed on root and has the following files:
/usr/libexec/ip-full

root@turris:/sbin# ls -al /sbin/ip
lrwxrwxrwx    1 root     root            14 Mar 26 19:41 /sbin/ip -> ../bin/busybox

As you can see, ip-full does not replace or install an ip binary. This breaks mwan3, since it requires ip-full to work:

ip: invalid argument '0x3d00/0x3F00' to 'fwmark'

I had to fix it by manually removing /sbin/ip and making it a symlink to /usr/libexec/ip-full. Why isnā€™t that done at package install time?