Turris OS 5.0.0 is going to be in HBK

Dear Turris users,

We would like to inform you that we are pushing today Turris OS 5.0.0 forward according to our workflow to branch Here Be Kittens (hbk) :cat:.

Turris OS 5.0.0 is based on the latest version of OpenWrt 19.07 and Linux 4.14 with our patches and feeds. In this release, you can find new features and changes like:

• New development version of ReForis, which brings you new features, which were requested by our community here on forum like OpenVPN client and Schnapps integration in the web interface, which was requested by our community here on forum.
  • Support for secondary IP addresses for DNS servers
  • Enabled TLS for Google DNS servers
  • As a time-based job scheduler, we are using cronie instead of vixie-cron, which is no longer developed.
  • Webapps: switch to HTTPS if possible
  • Updater: drop compatibility for releases before v4.0-beta2
  • MOX: i2c-1 on GPIO pinheader is now enabled
  • Optionally WPA3 support

In branches according to our documentation:

• Here be Lions (hbl) :lion: there is going to be prepared Turris OS 5.1 release.
  • Here be Dragons (hbd) :dragon: will be tracking OpenWrt master release

More details changes can be found on OpenWrt website for 19.07 release or in our milestone for Turris OS 5.0. If you are interested in detailed changes without reading commits, they will be posted in RC thread soon as there are left some angry cats, which needs to be tamed.

You can use branch Here Be Kittens (hbk) :cat:, if you are using Turris OS 4.x release.

8 Likes

Turris MOX

switch-branch hbk
INFO:Target Turris OS: 4.0.6

It means that it will be done. :wink: This is just information post, where I included details that it is going to happen lately, so if you are using HBK because of Turris OS 4.0.6 or different reasons, I let you know, that there is going to be Turris OS 5.0.0, so you can switch to the Stable branch, where is Turris OS 4.0.5 or use branch HBT.

Great. Now I have HBK on one of my MOX and waiting for update.

Thats finally great news after long time. Just in time for me as I will go to try it on blue Turris 1 tomorrow.

but https://repo.turris.cz/hbk/medkit/turris1x-medkit-latest.tar.gz 2020-02-18 16:26 41M, that is almost month ago. I understand that you don’t like to touch medkit once generated, but this time will it be recompiled or should we expect another imediate pkgupdate after rollback to factory ?

##### Error notifications #####
Updater failed: 

repo missing: Download failed for repository index node (https://repo.turris.cz/hbk/mox/packages/node/Packages): The requested URL returned error: 404 Not Found
##### Error notifications #####
Updater failed: 

inconsistent: Requested package fix-updater-v65.0-alternatives-update that is not available.

Will there be a UI option for Wireguard VPN in 5.0?
Better UI for: IPv6 stuff (Leases and firewall openings), Wireguard and VLAN. are my topp hopes for features

I’d like to ask you to be patient. Here be Kittens :cat: branch is suggested to be used only by experienced users. This thread was created to let you know that the migration of HBL to HBK is going to happen and what features and changes you can expect before it will be introduced to HBT (as RC) and lately to HBS (Stable) as said in OP. The latest commit in HBK branch arrived before midnight. The builds of HBK are still going on. I will let you know once it is finished.

1 Like

Hi @etech,

Thank you for providing us ideas about what you would like to have in Turris OS! There are going to be some interesting features in the upcoming Turris OS versions like Sentinel, our new data collection system, reForis (redesigned Foris) by default, which we are working on and more features are ahead.

You can configure wireguard and see status of wireguard in LuCI, but you need to install package luci-app-wireguard manually. There is a feature request to have Wireguard integrated in reForis. Pull requests are welcome.

IPv6 stuff, I’m passing this feedback to our Foris developer to consider it. How to configure VLANs in LuCI will be documented.

1 Like

MOX classic, ,5 GB, WiFi: similar error after switch-branch hbk:
Collected errors:
* opkg_download: Failed to download
https://repo.turis.cz/hbk/mox/packages/luci_theme_rosy/Packages.gz
wget returned 8
(retyped from another NB [Win XP machine] connected via stty to MOX)
Sorry.

Ran into a funny trying to switch to HBK:

INFO:Target Turris OS: 5.0.0

line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
ERROR:
inconsistent: Requested package fix-updater-v65.0-alternatives-update that is not available.

Then I get this message

Downloading https://repo.turris.cz/hbk/omnia/packages/luci_theme_rosy/Packages.gz
*** Failed to download the package list from https://repo.turris.cz/hbk/omnia/packages/luci_theme_rosy/Packages.gz

And at the end I have:

Collected errors:
 * opkg_download: Failed to download https://repo.turris.cz/hbk/omnia/packages/luci_theme_rosy/Packages.gz, wget returned 8.
+ echo 'OPKG update failed. Please see previous output to know what went wrong.'
OPKG update failed. Please see previous output to know what went wrong.
+ set +x

("`-''-/").___..--''"`-._
     `6_ 6  )   `-.  (     ).`-.__.`)
     (_Y_.)'  ._   )  `._ `. ``-..-'
       _..`--'_..-_/  /--'_.'
      ((((.-''  ((((.'  (((.-'
    You are now in branch containing software build every night. It often contains bugs and sometimes requires manual intervention!
    It is based on latest stable OpenWRT branch with Turris OS changes.
    Turris team provides no guarantees and no support for this branch. You can get some help on forum (https://forum.test.turris.cz/).
    If you encounter some bugs than please debug cause and report it to developers trough gitlab (https://gitlab.labs.nic.cz/),
    You shouldn't be in this branch unless you are advanced user!
    To return to stable branch run this command: switch-branch hbs

So it seems like although I got some errors, I have ended up in the HBK stream, except firmware says TurrisOS 4.0.5 ab9d1bf / LuCI branch (git-20.016.50399-e1df28d) , not OS 5.0.n (as I would expect if I were on the correct stream.

So what do I do? Do I switch back to HBS and wait ad-nauseum for 5.0.n to make it into that branch, trying to switch to HBL or HBK have almost identical errors, and whilst I understand the HBK/HBL (and HBD) are going to have bugs, being unable to switch to them at all, wasnt what I was expecting

Turris OS 5.0.0 was successfully pushed to branch Here Be Kittens (hbk) :cat:.

If you experience any issues, please let us know.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that, but Turris OS 5.0.0 was on its way to the HBK branch and a while ago, it was successfully pushed there.

About HBL/HBD, they shared the same branch in turris-os-packages and yesterday, there’s was one change in the package, which you mentioned and we fixed it in the morning. Now, it should be possible use branches HBK and HBL and as HBD.

I would like to ask you to try switch-branch hbk once again. You shouldn’t have this error anymore. It happened as the update was not successful due to requested packages, which were not available.

A post was merged into an existing topic: OpenWrt 19.07 - rc2 (Turris OS 5.0 dev) is released!

MOX on HBK is after evening update inaccessible.

I would like to point out that branch Here be Kittens (hbk) :cat: is for experienced users. Your details in your post are not sufficient. HBK branch on Turris routers works and it was tested. What does it mean inaccessible?

• SSH does not work?
  • Foris/LUCI does not work?
  • DHCP does not work?
    or something else?

Can you please provide at least some logs or output, which can help us? In any case, feel free to follow Getting help, which you can find in our documentation.

Foris/LuCI, SSH doesn´t worked, ping don´t respond but Omnia DHCP server assigned the address. After two restart with ~10 minute delay MOX works again.

Managed devices as client with Omnia (TOS 3.11.14) works, reForis works.