Dear Turris users,
We would like to inform you that we are pushing today Turris OS 5.0.0 forward according to our workflow to branch Here Be Kittens (hbk) .
Turris OS 5.0.0 is based on the latest version of OpenWrt 19.07 and Linux 4.14 with our patches and feeds. In this release, you can find new features and changes like:
- New development version of ReForis, which brings you new features, which were requested by our community here on forum like OpenVPN client and Schnapps integration in the web interface, which was requested by our community here on forum.
- Support for secondary IP addresses for DNS servers
- Enabled TLS for Google DNS servers
- As a time-based job scheduler, we are using cronie instead of vixie-cron, which is no longer developed.
- Webapps: switch to HTTPS if possible
- Updater: drop compatibility for releases before v4.0-beta2
- MOX: i2c-1 on GPIO pinheader is now enabled
- Optionally WPA3 support
In branches according to our documentation:
- Here be Lions (hbl) there is going to be prepared Turris OS 5.1 release.
- Here be Dragons (hbd) will be tracking OpenWrt master release
More details changes can be found on OpenWrt website for 19.07 release or in our milestone for Turris OS 5.0. If you are interested in detailed changes without reading commits, they will be posted in RC thread soon as there are left some angry cats, which needs to be tamed.
You can use branch Here Be Kittens (hbk) , if you are using Turris OS 4.x release.