Dear Turris users,
We are pleased to announce you that we have released Turris OS 4.0 - beta1. It is released for our routers - Turris MOX and Turris Omnia. We appreciate any feedback for this release.
Here are the release notes of our changes:
- New version of updater-ng with completely rewritten network backend which
dramatically decreases memory consumption during update.
- Fixed problem in updater-supervisor which caused updater to behave as
deactivated even if user set it otherwise.
- Nextcloud updated to latest version (15.0.7)
- Fixed crash on time tab in Foris on devices without Wi-Fi
- switch-branch now reinstalls all packages on branch switch to mitigate problems
when switching to and from HBD (OpenWRT master <-> OpenWRT 18.06).
- Default setting of IPv6 in Foris is now DHCPv6
- Fixed IPv6 prefix delegation in default installation
- Foris now correctly displays steps in initial setup guide
- Fix rainbow in Luci on Omnia
- Do not use ath10k-ct on Omnia
- Improved LXC support and fixes (some issues still remain)
- System logs and lograte changed to limit logs size
- Added basic support for Turris OS 3.x migration
- Python3 updated to 3.6.8
- Repository path on repo.turris.cz changed (in compatible way)
- Production addresses for CZ.NICs ODVR including DNS over TLS support
- EDIT: Foris e-mail notifications via Turris servers
There are also many changes in OpenWrt 18.06, which was done by @neheb! Thank you so much for them.
When you were using one of our Alpha releases, you should be updated to this version automatically within a few hours.
If someone wants to give it try on Turris Omnia router, which is running Turris OS 3.11.4 or any other operating system, then we have prepared some short notes about how to do it.
From scratch you just need to plug USB flash drive and put there rootfs, which you can download it here and by using the re-flash method, which is described in our documentation. If you want to have a backup, we suggest you create a snapshot using our tool - schnapps.
We hope that you will enjoy it!