Turris OS 3.11 is out!

2 posts were split to a new topic: Samba4 experience

EDIT:

My update got stuck for more than 2 hours…

…after killing random processes, removing lock files and bag of black magic… I finally got this upgrade in.

After reboot I had to remove my custom cloudfare config from kresd as it broke the DNS totally. Not sure if it also caused issues while updating.

EDIT 2: Or then I should have tried to kill DDNS as mentioned below.

This worked for my 3.11 update. Not sure why.

1 Like

@alump @Leonardo I also reproduced the two bugs you reported and logged bugs for them. They are:

Update from Turris 3.10.8 to 3.11 hangs if Dynamic DNS updater active
DNS over TLS configurations broken in Turris OS 3.11

@Pepe could you look into these/follow up?

again me. standing still.

Output from luci-i18n-base-en.postinst:
/usr/lib/opkg/info//luci-i18n-base-en.postinst: .: line 2: can't open '/etc/uci-defaults/luci-i18n-base-en': No such file or directory
Output from luci-i18n-commands-en.postinst:
/usr/lib/opkg/info//luci-i18n-commands-en.postinst: .: line 2: can't open '/etc/uci-defaults/luci-i18n-commands-en': No such file or directory
Output from foris-controller-openvpn-module.postinst:
+ '[' -n  ]
+ /etc/init.d/foris-controller restart
Output from foris-openvpn-plugin.postinst:
+ '[' -n  ]
+ /etc/init.d/lighttpd restart

after that, nothing happens. reboot breaks the router. =(

5 posts were split to a new topic: Opinions about new graphs for Pakon

After the installation v3.11 I solved little problems:

• the dysfunctional wifi 2.4
  • activate Software for participation in data collection and dynamic distributed firewall
  • and correction setings … System-LED configuration.

Nothing else required intervention

Are you using DDNS? Can you please disable it and try to run pkgupdate again?

1 Like

Working as a charm. Thank you! :heavy_heart_exclamation:

I noticed that Data Collection was uninstalled during update on both of my Omnias. Is this supposed to be due to implementation of sentinel?

root@turris:~# pkgupdate
WARN:Requested package luci-i18n-ddns-en that is missing, ignoring as requested.
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
line not found
ERROR:
inconsistent: Requested package ddns-scripts_cloudflare that is not available.

I am using Cloudflare DNS for dynamic updates and would like to keep it working. Please help.

You need to remove package ddns-scripts_cloudflare as it was using API v1, which was retired on June 4.
More details about it can be found here:

If you’d like to use ddns-scripts for cloudflare, you need to install package ddns-scripts_cloudflare.com-v4

1 Like

Don’t you have connected any devices, which has running DHCP server? It could be a repeater or something else. That’s might be why you experienced the issue, which you described because when the router detects any other running DHCP server, it will turn off it’s DHCP server.

Ok, that helped. Thanks. I also needed to stop/disable ddns, if this is a known issue, maybe the upgrade script should do it by itself?

Just to clarify regarding NTP, ntpdate is installed by default in place of ntp and ntpdate runs automatically if enabled? There is no longer a ntp setting under “system”?

Nextcloud is broken after 3.11 update:

How can I debug this?

Just a note: after this update I’ve to reinstall a BigClown dongle:

turris ~ # pip3 install --upgrade bcf
turris ~ # pip3 install --upgrade bcg

I have implemented the suggestions for the update. DDNS turned off and undone the changes for DNS over TLS on the Knot Resolver. Update went through clean and everything works fine. Now I’m looking for the option to change the default DNS (in my case to Cloudflare).

Edit: according to Mail the foris-tls-plugin was uninstalled (some packages at the end of the mail)
Is it related to it? Everything works so far, only this thing makes me suspicious

##### Restart is needed #####
The system was updated, but some changes will take effect only after reboot. Please reboot the device.

The device will be restarted automatically on Friday, December 14 at 03:30 AM.
 • **Removed package foris-tls-plugin-l10n-de**
 • Removed package python-libatsha204
 • **Removed package foris-tls-plugin**

Where is this menu? Or was it really uninstalled? Can I reinstall it?

Best regards!

This is another TERRIBLE update.
Updater hangs on my Onmia forever too.

First, it was not possible to even run update properly. Manual attempts of pkgupdate were ending as:

INFO:Queue install of create_notification/turris/58
line not found
line not found
line not found
ERROR:
unreachable: https://repo.turris.cz/omnia/packages/base/kernel_4.4.165-1-4a7a81f8db0ad743e54c68e1845c60b6-1_mvebu.ipk: Operation timed out after 55209 milliseconds with 491250 out of 2807478 bytes received

On each attempt it failed at different stage, not at the same file. Amazingly, pkgupdate always tried to download ALL packages again and again FROM THE START, not from the latest failed package, so it never finished.

Well, my router had uptime for about 30 days, so I rebooted it (yes, it is the approach which is usually taken on “unnamed OS known for it’s low quality”, but since several repeated attempts were unsuccessful, I saw it as pragmatic option). After reboot I started pkgupdate again, it downloaded all packages smoothly at the first shot and went with the update. I thought it’s finally going well, but then it hanged in postinstallation phase, last messages were:

Output from foris-diagnostics-plugin-l10n-sk.postinst:

• ‘[’ -n ]
  • /etc/init.d/lighttpd restart
    Output from nuci.postinst:
    % Total % Received % Xferd Average Speed Time Time Time Current
    Dload Upload Total Spent Left Speed
    100 65 100 65 0 0 39 0 0:00:01 0:00:01 --:–:-- 48
    Output from foris-controller-storage-module.postinst:
  • ‘[’ -z ]
  • /etc/init.d/foris-controller restart
  • /etc/init.d/srv enable
  • mkdir -p /srv
    Output from foris-storage-plugin.postinst:
  • ‘[’ -n ]
  • /etc/init.d/lighttpd restart

After it was stuck for too long time (pkgupdate process still existing), I rebooted router manually. And guess what: Boot did not finish properly, there was “forever running” process:

3094 root 1164 S /bin/sh /etc/rc.common /etc/rc.d/S85updater boot

(so for example LED colors were not set)
Storage, storage… yes, I do have mSATA SSD, /dev/sda1 is mounted on /srv, Foris shows it properly, nothing extraordinary here, I definitely do not expect any problems here.

This update is another huge disappointment, breaking things which were working (and as I see this thread, not only for me). You know what? I’m done with this sh!t, really.
Rolled back to previous snapshot of 3.10.8. Disabled automatic updates completely. It’s exactly opposite of what was advertised when Omnia campaign was running, but I already spent way too much time with these repeated breakages. While I consider myself quite patient and I understand that everything does not always go perfectly, my experience with several other OSes shows, that what happens with Omnia is really not necessary. Yeah guys, you failed in your mission. Instead of motivating users to frequent updates, your “message” to them really translates to “Don’t risk any updates, there is big chance that things will break suddenly.”

This is a bug in the ddns-scripts package.
We or somebody else needs to dig this bug and look what’s happening inside the ddns-scripts and fix it. I think that we won’t update it unless we have to because of a security issue if it would be found. Hopefully not.
Updater guy (@cynerd ) did some improvements for Updater and prepared pull request for review. My rough estimate is that it can be included in Turris OS 3.12. You can see his response here about this issue.