Turris OS 3.11.6 is being released into RC phrase

Really tomorrow???

Right. I should rather say ā€œRelease for Turris Omnia will follow soon or in next daysā€. Next time, I wonā€™t give an exact release day. :frowning:

I wanted to release it today as I said, but it didnā€™t work. My bad. Package ā€˜netdataā€™ failed to build and we decided not to release it to RC to avoid potential issues which could appear as some users could have it installed in RC. Iā€™ve triggered it once again right now. It takes a few hours as it compiles all the packages.

1 Like

Today, we are releasing a new RC for both routers - Turris 1.x and Turris Omnia.

Changelog:

• sentinel-certgen: update to version 6.1.3.
1 Like

Today, tomorrow ā€¦ thx :slight_smile:

Omnia 2GB Ok (OpenVPN server, 3x LXC, SATA card, SSD + HW raid BOX)
Turris 1.0 Ok (OpenVPN client)

1 Like

I thought this would be handled automatically by opkg upgrade scripts. Will it be there in the released version?

I personally believe scripts shouldnā€™t (automatically) touch user-written configuration.

Itā€™s not generally even possible, as Knot Resolver configuration is a Turing-complete language, and you could have anything in there. Of course, we are trying to keep incompatible changes to minimum and concentrate them into moments when the major number changes (3.x -> 4.x in this case), and we have them in a separate section in NEWS.

Yes, itā€™s true. Upgrade scripts donā€™t overwrite user-modified configuration files. They create *-opkg files instead.

Yes in general, but for Knot Resolver there even isnā€™t any installed configuration file so far, I believe. (All of that is generated into /tmp/kresd.config by the init script, including composition with the user-supplied config if thatā€™s specified.)

If we detect if you have some incompatible changes in your user-modified file for Knot Resolver, you will receive a notification.

We released another RC4 version for both routers Turris 1.x and Turris Omnia.

Changelog:

• netboot: minor fixes and serial numbers are now displayed in decimal.
  • node-mozilla-iot-gateway: fixed compile issue, which means that you can now install it.
  • kernel: update to version 4.4.187
3 Likes

So this is no longer true?

it is conditionally true - only if specified as conffiles in the package Makefile those files will not be overwritten.

Also TOS does not utilize the PKG_UPGRADE variable

I canā€™t remember any example of configuration files which are not specified in conffiles and thus they are overwritten.

This been one example

Everything still works for me. Iā€™m online with this latest rc

Thanks! May I ask if you are having Turris 1.x or Turris Omnia?

I have a Turris Omnia

I have Turris 1.0 and the last RC4 version of TurrisOS 3.11.6 works well too.

1 Like

TO, nas, smb and tm. Everything seems to work fine.

Update from 3.11.5 ok

Pairing MOX Power Wi-Fi in CLI now works.
Pairing in Firefox worked.

Safari shows MANAGED DEVICES.
Wi-Fi shows count of Devices 2 and only one channel at a time. Which is fine.

Canā€™t ping MOX AP by myname.lan but serial.lan:
Changed in Luci:
luci > Network > Hostnames > Hostname: myname

8/9/19 MOX Wi-Fi went down tonight. Reset of MOX, reconnecting in Firefox helped.