Turris a terminátor

A je opravdu třeba něco nastavovat? Viz výše.

Zkusil jsem před tím i bez dalšího nastavení, tedy v rámci Forisu, ovšem ani tehdy nezafungovalo.

A zkoušel jste nastavit WAN (IPv4 i IPv6) na DHCP bez jakékoliv další konfigurace?

Zkoušel. Tedy IPv6 jen bez vyplnění DUID, které se mi ještě nepodařilo objevit. Nebo i pouze IPv4 se šestkou vypnutou. Foris se tváří nepřipojeně (bez kabelu nebo s chybějícím nastavením), zatímco ikonka WAN na Turrisu i kontrolka připojení na terminátoru svítí.

Přidělil Vám DHCP server nějakou adresu?

Nikoliv. Nepočítám-li tedy adresy přidělené Turrisem mému ntb.

Could only take the gist of this via machine translation and pardon responding in English only.

Tried to find a manual in the public domain for this Cetin Terminator device but came up short. My understanding of this device is that:

• it does not provide:
    • DNS server
    • DHCP server
    • Firewall
  • it does provide:
    • line modulation (here VDSL)
    • authentication with the ISP
    • bridge mode for pass-through authentication with the ISP

If that is the correct understanding and the network layout is:

• ISP > Terminator > TO

the questions are

• can the subscriber configure the Terminator into bridge mode?, or
  • can only the ISP configure the Terminator into bridge mode?
  • has the Terminator actually been configured into bridge mode?

If the Terminator is not configured into bridge mode:

• configure all authentication matters in the Terminator, incl. the VLAN ID 848
  • configure the TO’s WAN interface as DHCP protocol (unless the ISP stipulated a static/fixed IP)

If the Terminator is configured into bridge mode:

• configure the TO’s WAN interface as eth2.848 (:warning: eth2 as WAN applicable on TOS4.x and later)
  • configure the WAN interface as PPPoE (with user name and password)- if that is utilised by the ISP, else leave it as DHCP or static IP

If there is no manual or sort of installation/setup guide for the Terminator available would it be possible to post some screenshots of its user interface?

2 Likes

Works!

According to my understandig terminator is in a bridge mode by default. I don’t even have an access to it. I guess only Cetin has, maby ISP, but I doubt about it.

Anyway, according to description at Turris wiki I started to play with eth2. “eth2.6” didn’t work, “eth2.848” does. Other settings stay as described in my earlier post (in CS).

Thank you a lot!

Štěpán

1 Like

The Terminator probably does not provide any configuration interface at all.

I found its concept quite intriguing [1] (pardon the digression)

It will actually be a media converter on the physical layer, which will take care of converting any connection technology to home ethernet. It will be able to do all future technologies, in super-tuned quality. On the user side, it will end with a gigabit Ethernet port.

whether the Connection Is VDSL2 or G.fast, metallic or optical, single pair or multipair. We take care of the technology and the user simply connects with a regular Ethernet cable to the RJ45 port

Since we won’t have to worry about routing, wireless and firewall, we’ll be able to fine-tune the physical layer well.

The only downside (bottleneck) is the 1GbE port for downstream devices and that it does not cater for multi-homing (multiple WAN) though there is mentioning of

The upcoming first generation Terminator is designed with respect to bonding and will be able to do two-pair VDSL2 and single-pair VDSL3

I would probably procure one but seems there is no retail but only wholesale from the vendor.

[1] CETIN chystá vlastní koncové zařízení Terminátor a další novinky - Root.cz

1 Like

English is okay for me. I’ve started the topic just in Czech because I thought that the issue of a terminator would be just local for the Czech Republic.

I needed to leave, but I planned to write some sort of instruction summary anyway. Though the screenshots sound like a good idea. I am sorry for a delay, hope to come back to it soon.

3 Likes

Router nedokáže změnit nastavení parametrů modemu, to se musí dělat přímo v tom modemu a předpokládám že terminátor už je na to predkonfigurovaný.

Já mám třeba před Omnii NetGear DM200EUS což je čistě modem v modem módu a co se týče nastavení parametrů DSL přípojky jako VLAN ID 848 atd tak to jsem musel nastavil přímo v jeho administraci. V Turrisu se pak už jen jednoduše nastaví PPPoE interface na WAN portu (eth2), PAP/CHAP username, password a MTU na 1492. Pokud si neměnil výchozí nastavení okolo WAN portu tak by to mělo stačit.

3 Likes

I don’t even have an access to it. I guess only Cetin has, maby ISP, but I doubt about it.

Have you ever heard about backdoor called TR-069 on the most of ISP devices?

In LuCi, create WAN with PPPoE manually, use “own interface name” eth2.848 (if the Terminator of yours is connected to WAN). It is described in the second article.

DHCPv6 DUID pro DSL neni potreba vyplnovat. Je treba pouzit nastaveni virtualniho interface wan6 jako v https://www.turris.cz/forum/topic_show.pl%3Ftid=460.html

Do Terminatoru se ze strany zakaznika dostat neda, dokud CETIN nezmeni nastaveni. TR-069 tam maji, do modemu se sami dostanou. Nastaveni DSL Annex neni potreba na Turrisu resit, to obslouzi primo Terminator. VLAN 6 z odkazovaneho navodu nestaci, ta 6 je ono VLAN 802.1q ID. Pro sit CETINu (optiku i Terminator) je potreba pouzit VLAN ID 848, coz uz jste nasel.

Terminator is in bridge mode by default, and only in bridge mode. You cannot reconfigure it for routing.
VLAN ID is fixed and cannot be changed by the user. (It’s actually configured on the DSL/FTTH network and Terminator just spits out tagged traffic).
CETIN DSL/FTTH in CZ requires you to use PPPoE as a WAN protocol, therefore you really need to configure PPPoE and eth2.848 in the WAN settings on the Turris.

As you cannot access the Terminator management web, there is no screenshot of its UI. The set-up guide is as simple as this: connect phone line to the phone socket on the Terminator and your router’s WAN to the Terminator’s Ethernet socket.

For the official Zyxel firmware, you can find UI screenshots in the manual at https://www.zyxel.com/products_services/VDSL2-17a-Bonding-and-35b-Single-Line-Bridge--VMG4005-B-Series/downloads

I kdyz je toto vlakno o Terminatoru, jen chci pripomenout ze mam FTTB od Cetinu a VLANu 848 na routeru nenastavuju. Mel jsem na tento lince uz O2, 365internet, a Metronet, a u vsech to bylo stejne - vsichni mi tvrdili ze si musim nastavit tu VLANu, ale ani v jednom pripade to nefungovalo, fungovalo to jen bez VLANy. Pouze PPPoE. Takze ta nutnost VLAN 848 neni uplne vzdy platna.
Funguje /etc/config/network :

config interface 'wan'
	option ifname 'eth2'
	option proto 'pppoe'
	option username 'metronet'
	option password 'metronet'
	option ipv6 '1'

config interface 'wan6'
	option ifname '@wan'
	option proto 'dhcpv6'

FTTH rozhodně není FTTB.

Jasně. A většina ISP si to plete, včetně O2. A vůbec netuší že cetin dělá i FTTB

Novostavba v centru města k tomu přímo vybízí.