Support for Quectel EP06 LTE-A?

Sorry for not posting in so long.

Today, I installed Turris OS 4.0. After taping off the USB3 pins on the Quactel EP06 modem, the QMI interface registered as a USB device:

root@turris:~# lsusb
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 2c7c:0306 Quectel Wireless Solutions Co., Ltd. EG06/EP06/EM06 LTE-A modem

I then installed the opkgs kmod-usb-net-qmi-wwan, luci-proto-qmi, and uqmi.

A /dev/cdc-wdm0 device node appeared after installing the qmi-wwan kmod.

I then ran uqmi and was able to query the device, so it appears to be working!

root@turris:~# uqmi -d /dev/cdc-wdm0 --get-capabilities
{
	"max_tx_channel_rate": 50000000,
	"max_rx_channel_rate": 100000000,
	"data_service": "non_simultaneous_cs_ps",
	"sim": "supported",
	"networks": [
		"umts",
		"lte"
	]
}

Thank you VERY much for sharing this! I really appreciate you taking the time to detail this info. Were you able to make a connection with a carrier? May I ask how and where you taped the pins? A photo or two, if possible, would be even better! Thanks again, and I hope I can call on you if I need to. My EP-06 has been collecting dust, and the EC20 I am using cannot leverage LTE-A speeds.

Taping the pins was a pain in the rear, so I don’t want to take the modem out of the socket!

Look at page “14/53” of the following PDF:

With the modem pins facing you and the shorter set of pins to the left, you will see something like the below (assume the notch is __ and the pins are X or dots. You tape the pins with dots (4 total, 2 groups of 2).

XXXXXXXX____XXX..XX..XXXXXXXXX

I have not yet installed a SIM card, so I cannot verify that it works with the carriers. I plan on using it with Verizon in the coming months, though.

Thanks again! Can I please ask what you taped them with and how you went about it?

I used frog tape (painters tape). Just cut it to size and plaster it on the right pins. You can also use scotch tape, but I found it was annoyingly hard to manage a piece small enough so that only two pins are covered.

Be sure to have a magnifying glass handy unless you have some very good eyes :slight_smile: