No wifi in mox A with MIMO module

They have totally ignored my ticket since they gave the address to ship it. So not a single response from support team since July 26th. Not even to clarify what images they wanted before I send it to them. So … I don’t have any communication channel to them, so I can’t ask anything.

I suggest to try it again or make a phone call, just don’t surender. Maybe your ticket was somehow lost. I am sure they will gonna fix your problem in the end. Fingers crossed

1 Like

Two days ago, I was asked to send my device back to Prague. I don’t need to send everything, the A-module, the SDIO module and parts of the plastic enclosure suffice. I can even keep the SD-card.

I think I will just give up: ship everything to Prague - and see what happens. Asking price for one new SDIO module is right now 58e, so looks like it will be little cheaper for me to just ship my existing device for repair. I understand that production batches are tiny, causing high prices. Benefits of modularity are anyway lost, when the cheapest module costs price of one fully functional OpenWrt router. Seeing these prices anyway scared me enough to ship my device for repair :slight_smile:

1 Like

Is it just me… but Turris support site has been throwing 403 error to me, from the day my Mox arrived to them. Can anybody else access support page? I would like to follow what is happening with my Mox.

403 right now, i did definitely use the site on the 12th this month, but you should get e-mail notifications - i think.

Yeah, I just got email update. So looks like things are moving forward, even with the support page being unreachable.

It looks like the url for the support page has changed to https://www.turris.cz/en/support/

I returned my MOX for repair on 22.08.19 and the issue was confirmed by the Turris Team, unfortunately they “went dark” afterwards and I do not get any response on my emails and the support-ticket… This is a bit disappointing.

By a law, we have for warranty repairs 30 days. We are doing what we can. There are some processes, which take time.

Pepe, thank you for your answer. I understand and acknowledge that a repair takes time, and from my point of view you should take the time you need to fix the devices, there is no need for a hasty solution. Nevertheless a short answer on my e-Mail like: We're still working on it. and maybe an update on the process would have been a good thing.

Enjoy the weekend. I reckon these days are going to be the last days of summer this year here in north-western Germany. I think it’s the same in Prague.

Where did you guys get an answer at all? I have sent email to info@ (8 days ago) and tech.support@ ( 3 days ago ) since I can’t get the SDIO WiFi up and running… but I didn’t get any answer on both of the emails. What is the process you followed for sending the defect device back? Did you get a ticket for returning it first? Or you just sent it?

I emailed tech.support@, tickets get created by them (if necessary), they ask you to send hardware in (if necessary).
There is no auto-reply if you send an email, responses can take a few working days, it depends on how busy they are.

1 Like

Progress of my case so far (I have cut down the messages):

Aug 29th: “The package arrived yesterday, I had some issues to open it as I didn’t want to damage the box. We were able to reproduce your issue, we looked at it and found out, what’s wrong. HW colleagues fixed it. …”

Sep 14th: " It should be shipped at the beginning of the next week. Once I receive a tracking number of your package, I will let you know."

No info since, so probably it didn’t get sent beginning of this week. Things are for sure moving slowly on Turris side. Maybe they have actually replaced my module A (instead of just sending fixed module back) since Aug 29th, as otherwise I don’t understand where it has been all these weeks.

But there is time left to 1 month limit.

And still no news about shipping my Mox back to me. The 30 days limit (mentioned on this thread) will be bypassed during this weekend, so “by the law” I really hope somebody will be working during weekend. Or should I just start to expect to never see my Mox again?

EDIT: The funny thing here is that I’m not actually in any hurry with return. The issue is all the broken promises, and now them again ignoring my emails.

This is the most frustrating part of this story…

And update again… My Mox arrived without any warning. So support team just didn’t want to send email telling it was send, or provide any tracking code to me again. Anyway, I got it back. No idea yet if it works.

2 Likes

@alump : did you manage to test your “new” Mox? Has the issue been fixed?

I seem to have a similar problem : only one WiFi card is detected where there should be 2 (I have modules A, B and E). After opening it, I did not see any unplugged cable or obvious problem.

I initially sent an email to the support on August 13, got no answer except a ticket number and a URL to track the progress. This URL is now broken, and redirects to https://www.turris.cz/en/support/

Anyway, I sent another email a few days ago, was asked to send some photos, and they now ask me to send the Mox to Prague, because they “have a suspicion”, and to “make it work again”.

1 Like

It for sure doesn’t work. But to know if it’s totally broken, can somebody tell what it means when all LEDs blink once a second (including LEDs in ethernet socket) right after I have plugged in the power. Is it hardware fault? I tried to plug out all the modules I could, but this didn’t change. Couldn’t find any documentation to tell what this means. “Rapid blinking” means hardware fault, but not sure if 1 blink/s is fast enough.

So now it is totally dead, why, I don’t know, as there is no documentation to help. And not sure if I even want to send email to support to ask about it, as I most likely just get ignored months by them. But maybe I have to try it anyway. This has become so massive waste of money and my time already.

EDIT: Made new a thread for this, as my issue is now totally silent Mox, and not just failed SDIO WiFi. All LEDs blink once a second right after connecting the power

How did you manage to get a ticket number from Turris. I have sent email to support 3 weeks ago, then reminders 2 and 1 week ago, but still have zero answer. Did you get an RMA number before sending your device back to Turris? I am quite frustrated that my 2.4Ghz isn’t working. I can understand that the team must be drowning in work. But waiting 3 weeks just to know if I need to send it back to them or not… feels a bit long really.