No wifi in mox A with MIMO module

Based on the response on my ticket, I’ve send my router back today.

2 Likes

Up to today: No Response on my Ticket…

My router should arrive tomorrow … fixed :slight_smile:

Wow, that would be marvelous.

Fixed how?

Mainly asking because if there are faults on these initial batch devices, there should be way to identify those issues. So customers (read: us) won’t have to pay the price of shipping devices over seas. In case all these are results of hacks Turris HW team did to get these originally badly designed SDIO modules to work. It has been already seen that devices sold today look totally different.

1 Like

I returned mine too, hopefully it will get fixed soon as well.

Can be a visual comparison seen anywhere? Where are the differences?

1 Like

I am having trouble with this wifi card as well and reseating the connections didn’t work or a factory reset. I’m running it as 2.4ghz and discovered having a guest network on it was causing problems. No guest network and so far it’s running fine.

If you’re having trouble, go into guest networks on Forris and turn it off and reboot. You can then turn a guest network back on for the other card.

I also noticed the top plate really pushes down on the wifi card where the antennas get plugged ion. I’d like to sand down that top plate some, but don’t want to ruin a warranty.

I know what you mean. But have you noticed that the top plate for the antenna is different, than the standard one. There are small cut-outs for wires. I have a warning sticker on it.

Wasn’t somebody commenting on this forum that new SDIO modules couldn’t be installed to “original” campaign Module A? Can’t find it anymore, maybe I google translated it from one of the cz threads.

I assumed the contact points were changed? But that talk then forced to support ticket by Turris team, so I can only make wild questimates what is really happening.

Same time, my support ticket has been ignored since 26.07.2019.

But please, if somebody receives “fixed” router, please take good pictures of it. So maybe we can reverse engineer what all things are wrong with these initial HW revisions.

1 Like

I know how you feel. Same here.

I know what you mean. But have you noticed that the top plate for the antenna is different, than the standard one. There are small cut-outs for wires. I have a warning sticker on it.

My top plate on the antenna isn’t any different except for the sticker.
No space for the wires. I hope this means they’ll be okay with cutting the plastic and not voiding my warranty.

Does anyone else have problems with a guest network on the SDIO wifi card? I’m wondering if I’m having a hardware problem I need to get fixed, or a software/firmware issue.

Guest: there’s a thread about multiple SSIDs not working ATM: Known issues with SDIO Wi-Fi module

Here you go. Warranty is question on somebody from the Turris team. My guess is nobody will spot the difference. I noticed the cut outs, because I folded the box badly.

@horada @kronwell - Did your device work when/if you received it back? Was A and SDIO modules swapped to new design? Any updates?

I might be willing to pay the expensive shipping fee, if I could this way get these hacked together campaign modules switched to proper production versions.

Hey, I received fixed router yesterday. According to description, they replaced the A module with a new one. Though, when I checked it, there was still that manually soldered piece. Nevertheless, the WiFi module works now as expected.

This magical secret information is generally described here between 25 – 27. I think the hack is the final product. The handicraft is now balanced with gold. Send it cash on delivery. :wink:

Update 25-27

Thanks, then I assume then I’m out of luck. :frowning:

Well… I assume I can ship it back anytime before 2 year warranty limit. So holding it and waiting something good/bad to happen is always an option. First trigger is to wait for stable firmware for SDIO module itself. As spending extra 40 euros (yes, shipping it back is that expensive) to get unfunctional SDIO module (that i already had paid once) isn’t a good idea.

I assume it will be cheaper to me just order new SDIO module, when those appear to stores? Hopefully I can just mark to order that I need modified connectors.

O happy times.

1 Like

DId you ask the manufacturer whether they would reimburse the shipping cost? With a RMA this would seem rather common practice and when I had to return a TO device such reimbursement been offered by the manufacturer.

That’s exactly what I meant, with my bad joke. Of course it’s not a good idea to send it back and forth. Without agreement.