Forris error while attempting to add storage to nextcloud

Hi all. Please refer to earlier posts Nextcloud and usb over-current condition. These may or may not have any bearing on this post.

While trying to add a storage device to Turris Mox for nextcloud use, I came across this error.

4 20:47:50 turris foris-controller[3247]: ERROR:foris_controller_backends.files:Failed to parse content of the file.

My repeated attempts to add any storage to Nextcloud/Turris have all failed. Does this log throw some light on my problem?

I can confirm that the storage device is being recognized and activated by Turris OS. My question has become why “foris_controller_backends” is not able to do its job.

Jul 7 02:13:41 turris foris-controller[3234]: ERROR:foris_controller_backends.files:Failed to parse content of the file.
Jul 7 02:13:49 turris foris-controller[3234]: ERROR:foris_controller_backends.files:Failed to parse content of the file.
Jul 7 02:14:00 turris foris-controller[3234]: ERROR:foris_controller_backends.files:Failed to parse content of the file.

The process described in this page is not working atm

https://docs.turris.cz/basics/foris/storage-plugin/storage-plugin/

perhaps something similar (UUID mismatch) to

?

Cheers mrs.crox - allways putting up ideas and problem solving. You are a champ.

Some progress - /etc/config/storage was present. It listed a uuid. Thinking it may be obsolete, I removed this - leaving open quotes. Immediately Foris acknowledged the storage device and began configuring it. Upon reboot the nextcloud interface was activated as well. Still a few steps ahead, but this has been a massive help!