Wifi weak security

My Apple devices has begone to show “Weak Security” when I connect to my Turris Router WiFi.

It states that WPA/WPA2 (TKIP) is not considered safe and that i should change to WPA2 (AES) or WPA3.

I cannot see that I have an option to change this. Any thoughts? Thanks :slight_smile:

1 Like

Change cipher TKIP to CCMP and check if is WPA not available.

1 Like

Thank you! I had to go via LUCI to find the setting and then I also had to do a manual reboot before it worked. Thanks for the pointer. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hi @lesjen,

I am glad that you resolved the issue.

However I am curious - on what Turris device and Turris OS version did this misconfiguration occurred?

WiFi configured through Foris/reForis should have already set WPA2-CCMP and there is no option to select cipher yet. Only in LuCI.

If there is some regression, we would like to catch and fix it.

Older versions of TOS defaulted to TKIP.

Device: Turris Omnia
Serial: 47244672937
reForis: 1.1.2
Turris OS version: 5.4.1
Branch: HBS
Kernel version: 4.14.290

Funny thing is that it was only the 5Ghz that did not default to CCMP the 2,4Ghz is ok.

LuCI defaults on my omnia are:
Encryption: WPA2-PSK (strong security)
Cipher: auto
for both bands, not sure what it ends up using.
EDIT: according to the stats display it uses WPA2-CCMP for both bands

Once my wifi settings disappeared from ReForis, although files were correct when I checked config files from ssh terminal. Might be related.

I also have the “weak” warning, and Luci says the settings are “Force TKIP and CCMP (AES)”. Can’t remember I ever changed that.
Now I’ve changed to WPA2/3 SAE, that seems to have removed the warning on my iPhone.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.