Wifi keeps stop working with mSATA HDD

I have my mSATA disk mounted following this guide https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71_M2N3ga7s for some time now. Most of the time, everything works fine.

But sometimes my WIFI interfaces seem to stop working (or rarely the disk acts like it was disconnected or sometimes) and I have to restart the router. Everything works fine after the restart.

I suppose it happens when I try to transfer larger amounts of data, like 10GB+, but it seems to be quite random. Can Omnia get overwhelmed or overheated or something?

Model
Turris Omnia

Architecture
ARMv7 Processor rev 1 (v7l)

RAM
2GB

Firmware Version
TurrisOS 4.0.5 ab9d1bf / LuCI branch (git-20.016.50399-e1df28d)

Kernel Version

Transfer in which context and through which protocol?

Copy/move files from/to Omnia from/to my other storage (Synology NAS) through CIFS/SMB.

If that is case there would likely be something in the syslog. You could monitor it during such transfer via ssh cli with logread -f

It sounds more like some choke-point somewhere, either with the disk access or network protocol/stack.

Disk access (i/o) monitoring via ssh cli is currently not really working due to unset kconf

Check via ssh cli with htop the CPU and memory utilisation during such transfer, if it spikes/saturates.

For comparison is it feasible to connect the client/peer via Lan instead of WLan and see whether it happens there as well?

1 Like

Thanks for the suggestions. I will try to analyze it and report back if I find something.