Which SFP Module for GPON (ISP's Huawei HG8245H )

Hello,
I am trying to find supported / recommended SFP Module, which could work with GPON technology PODA provider. They are using Huawei HG8245H routers. I found just this regarding module:

• Class B+
• Receiver sensitivity: -27 dBm
• Wavelengths: US 1310 nm, DS 1490 nm
• WBF
• Flexible mapping between GEM Port and TCONT
• GPON: consistent with the SN or password
authentication defined in G.984.3
• Bi-directional FEC
• SR-DBA and NSR-DBA

I browse through forum, but all SFP questions are outdated, I found this recomends Microtic S-GPON ONU, but those are discontinued and not available.

Could you please recommend me piece of hardware, which is supported in kernel and can be bought?

Thanks

Pe3ny provider also using Huawei HG8245H and GPON. Corresponding SFP module Huawei SmartAX MA5671A is not working with Turris Omnia and Turris OS 3.11 (tested in collaboration with the ISP).

Thank you for information. Thats bad news, is this module, I assume MA5671A is used on HG8245H.

Maybe is there any chance, to get module from some other vendor, supported by kernel then?

I am waiting for Turris OS 4.0 with solved SFP issues. It has newer kernel with updated drivers. Then I want repeat test with ISP.

1 Like

Any news on supported GPON SFP modules? Also interested in connecting to Pe3ny.net.

Maybe with kernel 5.10 or later.

https://doc.turris.cz/doc/en/public/sfp