When new version of Turris OS 4.0 will be released

When will be released new version of Turris OS 4? Labels for them was removed from the git.

I can confirm that there is not going to be any new Turris OS 4.x release. More details you can find here:

If you are asking about automatic migration from Turris OS 3.x version to Turris OS 4.x release, there this one is not going to happen. There will be automatic migration from Turris OS 3.x to version Turris OS 5.x.

2 Likes

I have no other option as personally applaud to this decision to skip 18.06 altogether and go for much more current version of 19.07 as it is long awaited. We all expect to have our computer eco-system more current again.

There will be automatic migration from Turris OS 3.x to version Turris OS 5.x.

Any timeline for this?

machine translation

automatic update from Turris OS 3.x to Turris OS 5.x will be possible just as soon as we release Turris OS 5.x

1 Like

Are there any updates to the automatic update from TOS 3.x to TOS 5.x ?

It’s updated every TOS 5 release.

https://docs.turris.cz/geek/tos3_migration/

Not sure I understand correctly.

What I meant was: When will my Omnia running TOS 3 automatically update to TOS 5?

When will be updater stable and TOS 3 will be unsupported. First idea was TOS 5.0.1 and now maybe 5.1.

I’m wondering how did you come to this idea, because in my post in the Czech thread, there is mention that it is for experienced users, which was missing in the machine translation.

Anyway to answer @mearon question, time will tell us. There still fixes ongoing for migration.

Thanks @Pepe for the update.
Nice to see you’re taking the time you need to make sure the update procedure will be stable.
I may just try the manual upgrade to TOS 5 then…