What's the difference between the IP address in the "Associated Stations" and "DHCP Leases" sections of Luci?

This isn’t a problem, rather, me being curious about how this all works!

On the router, I’ve got a few fixed IP address reservations set up, including one for my Surface (192.168.1.109) as shown below

However, on the Luci homepage, I can see the Surface has two different IP addresses.

Under DHCP leases, it has a .183 address:

Meanwhile, scroll down a bit more to Associated Stations and it has the .109 address:

For what it’s worth, everything is working fine. In fact, I’m posting this from my Surface right now! But why does the Surface have two different IP addresses (no other device at home exhibits this strange issue)?

Side note: Interestingly enough, as far as Windows is concerned, the Surface has the 183 address as its local IP address:

Have you connected the Surface with LAN and WLAN? If that’s the case you would get different ip addresses for LAN and WLAN network adapters of the Surface. You would then also see different MAC-Addresses for each of the adapters

Is your surface changing MACs often?

I connect my Surface strictly via WLAN and nothing else and the only adapter is the Wifi card itself so there should only be one Wifi MAC address on my Surface. I also don’t have any MAC changing software or anything installed either.

Like I say, it’s weird because it isn’t the expected behaviour and yet everything seems to be working fine regardless.

If you have windows 10 installed (maybe also on 8.0 or 8.1) there is an option in the settings app>Network&Internet>Wi-Fi>“Use random hardware addresses”

Is that turned on maybe?