VDSL2-Vectoring / ITU-T G.993.5 / G.vector

Hi guys,
thank you for building this amazing router. I have a question regarding VDSL2 Super vectoring specification ITU-T G.993.5 G.993.2: I am supposed to buy this router but before I have one important questions. Right now I am using a DryTek Vigor 165 Modem, which works fine. I was using the Archer C7 | AC1750. After the Upgrade to super vectoring G993.5 the authentication on my OpenWRT distribution (2020) the authentication did not work. After some research I figured out the firmware for ITU-T G.993.5 and G.993.2 is not included in OpenWRT. I read about non-open-source firmware with the nae xDSL to integrate into the Archer C7. I really love your Turris Omnia hardware, but I need to know if your device in supporting the ITU-T G.993.5 protocol for running the VDSL2 super vectoring. I am connected to German Telekom .

look for the current OpenWRT discussion:

Thank you for your reply

The Turris Omnia does not include a modem of any sorts, you can keep using your existing modem* in bridge mode. Deutsche Telekom uses PPPoE for authentication and that works well on the Turris omnia.

*) Assuming your existing modem has the correct firmware installed it can be configured to act as bridge. But installing the correct firmware on the modem is something you need to do, OpenWrt is not the right tool for that problem :wink:

1 Like