Using MOX with E Module (Super Ethernet) as a Switch?

Hello together,

is it possible to upgrade a MOX Power Wi-Fi with the E module and use it as a switch?

Do I have to custom-config anything in the operating system for this?

Thanks a lot in advance! :grinning:

I’m a little puzzled, what yo really want to do. In the topic of this post, you mention the E (Super Ethernet) Module, in the text you mention the D (SFP) Module.

I assume you’d like to add some copper-ethernet ports to your MOX, thus it will look like this https://mox-configurator.turris.cz/ASBWE, right?

I’ve got good news for you, of course this is possible, there will not be any need of deep-diving into the operting system, you can configure it in the webinterface. On my power-wifi mox, the upgrade did not even require any configuration at all.

1 Like

Thank you very much for your kind reply!

You are right, I had a misspelling with the “D” module. In fact, I just want to use the MOX as a WiFi-access-point while also using it as a switch.

So you say, this works seamlessly? :slight_smile:

Ah, and by the way: Do I have to connect the MOX to the existing Omnia (router) on MOX WAN port or on one of its LAN ports? I guess the MOX should be connected via LAN, no?

1 Like

You are very welcome. In my case it worked out of the box.

Connecting to the LAN Ports will work without a hassle, but remember to disable the DHCP server of the MOX first, and let your Omnia be your only DHCP. Be sure to assign an IP address to your MOX first that does not collide with your Omnias IP address.

In Luci you can reassign the WAN port from the WAN interface to the LAN-Bridge, thus you are creating a switch over all Ethernet Ports.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.