USB Storage not recognized after boot

I have configured an USB stick as a storage (want to use for nextcloud and lxc) through the config interface.

After suggested reboot, I am informed that I am losing data.

After sshing in, it seems like the stick is not recognized upon boot (not even shown by blkid). When I plug it off and on, it’s recognized by the system and if I manually mount /dev/sda1 /srv/, everything seems to be fine.

What could be the problem and how to make turris mount the stick upon boot?

EDIT: /etc/config/storage seems to be configured properly as well. I am on 5.0.4.

Turris OS 5.0.4. Modules A+F
I found some problems with the usb3. I had to dispose of usb3 cable and apply a usb2 cable. After this my portable hard drives and sdcard started to work as required. Also found some differences in usb3 ports. Check them all for compatibility.

I am using stick, so cable is not a problem. But after trying out a different one (and scaling down from 32G to 4G), the stick is recognized correctly and everything seems to be working so far.

O am on HBK 5.1.9 and I had similar problems. My usb sata drive is detected with blkid but not automounted in /srv. One samsung usb stick is not detected at all and some other cheap chinese stick is detected as well. I suspect some regression in detection/automount capabilities. Also when I started fresh and I wanted to reflash Omnia i had to use few different usb sticks until it worked at some point.

I encountered similar problem in TO 3.x (last actual version - even in previous one). Slight change in positioning of USB stick in connector results in it being not recognised after reboot :frowning: requiring its repeated adjustment until it was recognised… Peculiar.