Upgrade with an obsolete version (help for new users)

Good morning, everyone,

(I don’t know if I can post here, excuse me in advance)

I would like to make a quick topic to explain how to upgrade the Turris to a higher version when a certificate or others do not go to update when the version is obsolete for 2 years.

• I do this for novices or people arriving in the middle of this forum and who would ask themselves this question and who like me have the problem that I had to understand, I have no pretensions whatsoever to learn what I do not know well and thank you in advance for your understanding.
  • For me I had the Turris with a version 3.2.1 from 2016 to purchase in 2018, I had three updates and then nothing more while I could see the announcements of the CZ.NIC team for the new versions, I thought “probably that the network is overloaded I must wait to have this new version!”
  • I’m on Linux OSs at home I know the command line well enough to use it but not the Turris one, so I’m done and, what seems normal to me for an advanced system to learn, then use it via ssh and update the Turris, so I’m not hiding it from you I took a day and a half to understand/apply/implement.
  • Of course one thing you need to know is that thanks to you, the user of the forum and the CZ.NIC team with whom I had sent my problem by email, I was able to solve it by going to this page: Opkg update - failed to download ( Opkg update - failed to download) and yet I found myself with problems with certificates and md5 sum, and at the end kixorz that I thank by poassant, explains “This is actually what happens when Turris is reset to factory settings - the stock firmware version is out of date and fails randomly even during the setup wizard.
    I suggest you download the Omnia medkit and update the router from the front USB port and 4 LEDs to latest version.
    See Omnia Factory Reset document for more info.”, which can be found here: https://repo.turris.cz/omnia/medkit/omnia-medkit-latest.tar.gz
    Then while browsing the forum I came across this post: Unable to update list of packages! (Unable to update list of packages!) who gave me “the chip in my ear” (French proverb), then I went to see on youtube if the team of CZ.NIC had not posted a video in that direction by explaining the number of diodes lit and not the number under the diodes lit to flash the Turris and yes in fact it is not the diode with the number 4 but well the fourth diode to flash is the diode with the number 2, the video is here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZrWzpsxqaRU
  • My Turris router works very well today with the latest version of the Turris and this thanks to all of you for your questions/solution of this forum as well as to the CZ.NIC team and I also wanted to thank you sincerely.

Eric.

tl;dr

glad you learned something despite

Bonjour Eric je viens de lire vôtre post, et je vois que vous êtes français, et comme je parle anglais comme une vache Espagnole ! avec le traducteur en ligne mes posts sont chaotiques, alors peut être accepteriez vous de m’aider si vous êtes plus avancé que moi.

Je viens de faire l’acquisition d’un Turris Omnia version reForis1.4.1 Version du système d’exploitation Turris 6.2.3 Version du noyau 5.15.90. Et j’ai beaucoup de mal venant de la freebox mini 4K que j’ai abandonné, car non OpenVPN.

Mon premier soucis c’est que je n’arrive plus à avoir mon NVR Hikvision en ligne, j’ai pourtant redirigé les ports externes du NVR vers les ports internes classique 80, 554, 8000, mais peut être qu’il faut ouvrir d’autres ports ?

Ce que je peut dire c’est que je n’ai pas effacé la configuration de la mini 4K avant de la mettre en bridge. Et que mon NVR était configuré en passant par la freebox je n’e sais pas si c’est ça qui pose soucis ?

Et j’ai également découvert a force de tripatouiller…Oh putain la mémoire flash ! qu’est quelle se prend dans la gueule :grin: bon soit quand j’ai voulu faire comme avec la mini 4K le filtrage wifi des adresses mac et ben dans dans LuCI une fois toutes mes adresses mac rentrées plus de protection VPN en wifi alors que par les câbles réseaux j’ai le VPN fonctionnel.

Voilà je crois que j’ai tout dit, ma salle de bain pourras témoigner ! (Eddy Mitchell)…bon je viens de lire avec mon mauvais Anglais(j’suis trop fort Hi) qu’il y a dans un rectangle à coté qui me dit en Anglais que le topic à 4 ans ben quoi, on s’en fout du coup Eric a quatre ans d’expérience en plus ! bon puis on ne sait jamais peut être que le hasard feras que mon message seras lu…qui sais, et puis si non ça feras un peu de lecture, ben ouais des fois quand on est sur un site étranger on est dépaysé alors un petit message en français et on se sens de nouveau chez soi ! Bien, sur se cordialement à tous les lecteurs, et n’hésitez pas à m’aider si vous le pouvez, merci d’avance.