Upgrade to Turris OS 6... no foris, other warnings etc... where to from here?

I just updated to Turris OS 6 from Turris OS 5.

Some noticeable results:

1. System is up. LUCI works, no Foris visible.
  2. Samba not working

*Some things that showed up… do all these belw need to be manually resolved giving preference to the new content from -opkg?

WARN:Config file /etc/config/updater modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/config/updater-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/config/pkglists modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/config/pkglists-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/config/resolver modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/config/resolver-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/config/firewall modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/config/firewall-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/passwd modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/passwd-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/group modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/group-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/shadow modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/shadow-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/inittab modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/inittab-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/shells modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/shells-opkg
WARN:Collision with existing path. Moving //sbin/tc to /usr/share/updater/collided/sbin
WARN:Config file /etc/config/user_notify modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/config/user_notify-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/config/foris modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/config/foris-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/config/fwknopd modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/config/fwknopd-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/config/ucitrack modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/config/ucitrack-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/config/luci modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/config/luci-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/config/simple-adblock modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/config/simple-adblock-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/config/dnscrypt-proxy modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/config/dnscrypt-proxy-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/config/ddns modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/config/ddns-opkg
WARN:Config file /etc/config/dhcp modified by the user. Backing up the new one into /etc/config/dhcp-opkg

this could help in many cases. Perhaps backing up modified files and installing new e.g.:

mv /etc/config/foris /etc/config/foris-old
mv /etc/config/foris-opkg /etc/config/foris

could help with foris.

Samba has to be set again after update to TOS6.

I dont know how complex is your configuration, but , maybe, it will be better to flash from medkit and set all from scratch.
You can export your current settings and “get inspired” from that backup during the new setup.

The router has ip address 192.168.16.1.

When visiting https://192.168.16.1/ it returns a meta http-equiv redirect to /cgi-bin/luci/ and no foris is visible, thus no foris means of exporting current settings.

I used to be able to see foris and tvheadend apps at the root web page as well as luci.

Did this, didn’t make foris visible.

I have samba working again, needed to adapt the configs over to samba4, but no foris.

What about trying to add “/reforis/” after router ip address?

root@turris:/www# ls
cgi-bin luci-static turris-webapps
index.html turris-theme webapps-icons

https://192.168.16.1/reforis/ yields:

404 Not Found

nginx/1.19.6

Looking at index.html there in /www, it redirects directly to luci.

Ask support to help.

I notice that /etc/config/foris (which was /etc/config/foris-opkg) created by the Turris 6 upgrade is zero bytes, no content

Raised #1526045 on this, thanks

foris modules installed as below:

root@turris:/etc/config# opkg list-installed | grep foris
foris-client - 1.0.4-3.9-3
foris-controller - 5.5.1-3.9-1
foris-controller-app - 5.5.1-3.9-1
foris-controller-diagnostics-module - 1.0.5-3.9-4
foris-controller-haas-module - 0.1.1-3.9-3
foris-controller-hotplug - 5.5.1-3.9-1
foris-controller-schnapps-module - 0.5-3.9-4
foris-controller-sentinel-module - 0.3.0-3.9-3
foris-controller-storage-module - 0.10.1-3.9-1
foris-schema - 0.8.0-3.9-3
foris-ws - 1.6.2-3.9-5
reforis - 1.4.1-3.9-3
reforis-data-collection-plugin - 0.4.0-3.9-5
reforis-diagnostics-plugin - 2.5.1-3.9-4
reforis-haas-plugin - 0.1.4-3.9-1
reforis-snapshots-plugin - 1.2.1-3.9-4
reforis-storage-plugin - 0.2.2-3.9-4

Connect to the router via SSH and copy files from /etc/config folder into your PC. I can reccommend this app for that purpose, where you have direct graphical access to all files: GitHub - subhra74/snowflake: Graphical SFTP client and terminal emulator with helpful utilities

I’ve used tar to gather up the contents of those files from /etc/config. I also made a tar file with the entire contents of /etc. What did you want me to do with those?

In that etc folder, there are placed settings of the whole router. But, you have working Samba, so everything should be ok now.

There is no more Foris on TOS6, it is replaced by reForis, so no need to bother with that.

The upgrade to TOS 6 didn’t do the right thing with foris/reforis and there’s no reforis web visible. Entering the router’s IP address into web browsers goes IMMEDIATELY to luci with no prior options.

I still don’t know how to clean up what has been missed as part of the upgrade and restore reforis to an operational state.

At least some of the older foris modules can’t be removed because reforis modules depend on them…

From which version to which version are you trying to upgrade?
I’m not shure all the latest versions have all migration scripts culmulatively.

The easiest way forward would probably be start from scratch from the latest medkit.