Updater/okpg collision of dependencies

Starting with TOS 5.4.0 libgd-full is used.
I also want to use vnstat and luci-app-vnstat which has a dependency to libgd (without full)

libgd is a striped down version of libgd-full, so vnstat runs fine with the full version.
But updater can not handle it (or I do not know how). It does not know that libgd-full replaces libgd.
As both packages contain the same file I get an error message from updater.

I tried the following lua script in /etc/updater/conf.d/ :

Install("libgd-full")
Install("luci-app-vnstat")
Uninstall("libgd", { priority = 60 })

But this solution removes vnstat, as its dependency is removed.
(I managed to reinstall vnstat manually, but of cause it is removed on each update…)

Can I tell updater that libgd-full replaces libgd?
Or alternatively, can I tell updater to install packages without dependencies?
Is it possible to set opkg parameters like --nodeps? (Is opkg even used under the hood?)

Hello,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us. I am looking into it even though this is upstream issue. :slight_smile:

I had same issue on TOS 6 HBD where it collided with nextcloud dependency.

1 Like

I have the same issue. When I try to update to latest version I get error message:

[string “transaction”]:327: [string “transaction”]:151: Collisions:
• /usr/lib/libgd.so.3.0.5: libgd-full (new-file), libgd (existing-file)
• /usr/lib/libgd.so.3: libgd-full (new-file), libgd (existing-file)

I removed vnstat packages but it doesn’t help.

Also remove libgd. (opkg remove libgd - This should also remove all packages that have a dependency to it, but I am not sure if it also removes these packages from opkg-auto.lua .)
If you still have problems check /etc/updater/conf.d/opkg-auto.lua for packages that have a dependency to libdg and remove these packages from opkg-auto.lua.

If you still have problems check the other lua scripts in the same location.
EDIT: Forget about the other lua scripts. If you did not modify them before better not touch them, there will be nothing with a dependency to libgd.

I removed libgd but I got similar error

[string “transaction”]:327: [string “transaction”]:151: Collisions:

• /usr/lib/libgd.so.3.0.5: libgd-full (new-file), libgd (new-file)

• /usr/lib/libgd.so.3: libgd-full (new-file), libgd (new-file)

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.