Updated form 3.x -> 4.0.5 to fix problems now I have new ones

Updated to 4.05 yesterday and have some problems.

The switch settings from the OpenWRT web interface are missing, so setting up the VLAN. Is there away getting it back? I have some switches i need to send the right vlan

My incoming fiber has 3 VLANs. Finally got it working by setting the interface on wan to eth2.102 The interface is being reported as a soft van, would like it to be done by hardware. It used to be eth1.102 as the wan interface for the fiber before the update

The changes i made to the wan interface makes the Turris UI thinks there is some thing wrong whit wan and shows this warning.
"This network currently doesn’t contain any devices. The changes you make here will become fully functional after you assign a network interface to this network. "
Trying to fix that in the interface menu just messes just messes up the configuration removing VLAN on the wan interface.

Are there any good migration guide or info to help me fix.

There are no official guides, but the forum can help you a lot.
Meanwhile, to better understand the new switch management system, look at this excellent post: DSA and 802.1Q tagging really very detailed and complete.
I want to reassure you that switching continues to be hardware and not software.
The only real change to make is in LuCI or via the command line in the /etc/config/network file.
Foris (Turris UI) does not yet support the tag in the configuration of the WAN and also for this you find the device error not present. It is a known problem and the only current solution is to ignore the card (the data it reports, in the case of VLAN configuration, are fictitious.
Enjoy your Turris Omnia (?)
PS: when reporting a problem, remember to always specify the type of device.

Thank you for a fast reply. Yes it’s a Turris Omnia

Is not feasible since the NIC incorporated in the SoC does not provide such feature

ethtool -k eth2 | grep vlan

rx-vlan-offload: off [fixed]
tx-vlan-offload: off [fixed]
rx-vlan-filter: off [fixed]
vlan-challenged: off [fixed]
tx-vlan-stag-hw-insert: off [fixed]
rx-vlan-stag-hw-parse: off [fixed]
rx-vlan-stag-filter: off [fixed]

Where can you see that?

In the OpenWrt ui under /cgi-bin/luci/admin/network/network/wan and physical settings.
I shows up in the drop down as “Software VLAN: eth2.102”

Is possibly depends from DSA? https://www.mjmwired.net/kernel/Documentation/networking/dsa/
I suppose that a Virtual LAN is always a software interface, precisely because it is virtual.
The switch may be hardware or software, but the VLAN appears to be software only.