Update to TOS 5.4.4

Hello. I just updated my Turris (the new one with wifi6) the version now says 5.4.4. As a result, clients on the WiFi cannot connect to the Internet. DNS works though. I can dig and get back a correct answer but the router is refusing any other http/s connections. I have not made any changes to the firewall prior to the upgrade. The reforis and Luci UIs are also unavailable and I’m getting back a 503 error. What sort of logs can I get for you guys to help with diagnosing the issue?

1 Like

Let’s use schnapps to revert to TOS 5.4.3 and tried it again.

Well, I rolled back to pre-upgrade version, which was 6.0.3 alpha, rebooted the machine and now I can’t even ssh in. I’m away for 2 days now so I’ll take a look into it on Wednesday and give you more info.

1 Like

Okay, so a quick recap. After a did the remote rollback on Sunday, I checked with a home user who could try to access the LAN. He confirmed that “the internet” worked. However only for a while. Probably till midnight and then it crashed again.

I have now returned on site. The primary WiFi is not advertised at all, the secondary is. I can connect to it, I can access the gateway but nor luci nor reforis are available. I can get to 192.168.1.1 but no option is offered. When I connect with a cable, it’s a bit different but this time it times out instead of pretending it’s unreachable. Ssh is still unavailable over the public IP. Over local as well. The router basically seems bricked. Screenshots attached. Any advice? Are you able to reproduce these results in your environment or am I doing something wrong?

Is it normal that a regular upgrade mixes the branches and instead of upgrading, actually rolls back to an entirely different branch?