Update to 5.2.7 (HBS) successful, but updater problem

I updated from 3.x to 5.2.7 (HBS) succesfully on my Indiegogo earlybird Turris Omnia last week, but since then I get a notification after every manual or automatic update. Updater failed: inconsistent: Requested package ddns-scripts that is not available. This package is indeed mentioned in /etc/updater/conf.d/opkg-auto.lua, and this kind of behaviour is indeed mentioned in the “Migration from Turris OS 3.x” documentation under “Known problems and solutions”.

The solution would be to review the contents of “any file you created in /etc/updater/conf.d” (none, in my case) an the contents of /etc/updater/conf.d/opkg-auto.lua. If I remove the Install(“ddns-scripts”) line, the updater complains about the second line, which is about another unavailable package. If I removed ALL of the Install(“package”) lines I am left with only the opening comment "-- A file with auto-generated Install commands. Do not edit.
". Now, when the updater runs either manual or automatic, the Turris Omnia crashes, LEDs go white, ip address disappears from the network and connections are lost. I have to go back to an earlier schnappshot with the 2 LEDs reset to fix it.

I installed a LXC with the Turris 5.2.7 image to see what the default contents of /etc/updates/conf.d/opkg-auto.lua is, and it is indeed only the first line with the comment in it. So there must be something else in my configuration that breaks the updater when I empty my opkg-auto.lua file. I also tried removing the file altogether, but the result is the same.

I guess I could always do a fresh flash of the newest image, but that would be the easy way. I would like to find out what to do to solve this problem in my current configuration. Any suggestions?

It seems I had fiddeled with the /etc/updater/conf.d directory, by removing all .lua files except opkg-auto.lua. I must have misread the manual somewhere. I restored a backup of the other files and after updating via reforis interface, I got the message that the update from 3.x to 5.x had succeeded. Now I also have an automatic post-update snapshot (TurrisOS 5.2.7) which I didn’t have before.

In conclusion: this was my own mistake and it’s fixed now. :flushed:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.