Update error on TurrisOS 4 - ath10k-firmware-qca9888-ct-htt

Hey all, I have a Turris Mox that I had to do a factory reset on. The factory reset is at TurrisOS 4. I’ve been trying to update it and I get the following error in the Foris notifications:

Updater selhal:

inconsistent: Candidate exists for virtual package ath10k-firmware-qca9888-ct-htt

How do I address this so the whole system can update?

I got the same blocked upgrade issue with a recently acquired Turris Mox (Mox start + Mox C), also at TurrisOS 4. Solution was to use rescue mode 4 “Re-flash router from flash drive/micro SD”.

Of course if you rescue button is broken, you are out of luck

Já to osobně u Omnievyřešil takto. Nefunkční Omnie po aktualizaci na TOS 6.0.1 - #9 by kapikacz

Hello,
please try this like desribed here https://forum.test.turris.cz/t/package-ath10k-firmware-qca988-ct-htt-is-missing-in-openwrt-21-02/18110/9

Hey,
Same issue for me for an Omnia 2020 with Turris OS v4.0.1 to upgrade to v6.0.4

at pkgupdate via ssh :
ERROR:
inconsistent: Candidate exists for virtual package ath10k-firmware-qca9888-ct-htt

Solution descibed by roman-profiseris doesn’t apply the mentioned files are not present on my system.

I’ll check how to flash from USB.

i would just suggest to uninstall the package, switch back to the default driver and then enable htt drivers under packages:

this will install the correct driver package, as it was renamed in 6.x

Thanks for the suggestion.

However, I don’t have this screen and option in my V4 menu.
I have a list of packages I can install or uninstall in the Forris menu under Updater entry, but none refers to wifi drivers.

I tried to check in the list installed packages if one look like, but none either (ssh dkpg-query -l)

installed packages you get with “opkg list-installed” I think this alternative driver option was introduced with v5, so maybe rollback your htt driver to the standard with an upgrade to v6. after that enable this option above.

to change the driver by an upgrade you can try to remove any package ath10k entry in any /etc/updated/conf.d/ file. this should automatically uninstall the htt and install the stock driver with an “pkgupdate”

I’ve reported this as a bug on GitLab as Updating from Turris OS 4.0.1 to Turris OS 6.0.4 fails due to `ath10k-firmware-qca9888-ct-htt` (#393) · Issues · Turris / Turris OS / Turris Build · GitLab

Flashing a new version is probably the best way to fix this, but if you don’t want to flash, it’s possible to update from Turris OS 4.0.1, then to Turris OS 5.4.4, then to Turris OS 6.0.4 with SSH access.

My instructions are in Updating from Turris OS 4.0.1 to Turris OS 6.0.4 fails due to `ath10k-firmware-qca9888-ct-htt` (#393) · Issues · Turris / Turris OS / Turris Build · GitLab, but essentially, if you SSH into the box, modify /etc/config/updater to say option mode 'version' and option version '5.4.4' , pkgupdate will try to update to Turris OS v5.4.4.

After you’ve successfully updated to 5.4.4, you can undo your changes in /etc/config/updater, then run pkgupdate again to update to Turris OS 6.0.4 (or whatever the latest hbs branch is).

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.