Dear Turris users,
We prepared quite an early Christmas present for you, guys! Hopefully, you will like it as we do. Turris 1.0 and Turris 1.1 gets updated kernel to version 5.15, so it is now the same as for Turris Omnia and Turris MOX.
The most noticeable changes are two, and both can be found in the reForis. It is possible to configure VLAN ID to WAN, which can be helpful in many cases if you are configuring DSL. The other improvement is related to the OpenVPN client, which now supports adding or editing credentials for services that require it.
The full changelog is here:
Linux kernel on Turris 1.X updated from 5.10 to 5.15
We are investigating reports when someone reported to us that WAN is not working in some cases.
• Nextcloud now uses PHP 8
• PHP 8 doc_root changed to /srv/www
• VLAN support for WAN interface in reForis
• Credentials (username, password) support in OpenVPN reForis client
• Improved support for PHP 8
• performance tweaks and added support for lighttpd
• Fixed automatic Nextcloud updates without user approval in the UI
• Fixed Turris Netboot to work with Turris OS 6
• Fixed Rainbow not saving brightness when set with the button
• Nextcloud updated to 23.0.11
• Snowflake updated to 2.4.1
• Python3 updated to 3.9.16
Your device will be updated automatically unless you are using delayed updates or approvals. As always any feedback regarding this update is appreciated.