Turris OS 6.0.4 is now released

This should have been handled by the installation script, but unfortunately it wasn’t.

Same as @mvasilek above I wasn’t able to reproduce your issue by installing NC on TOS 6.0.4 and I don’t see any other related reports

Would you mind sharing which router you are using? I found a forum thread with people having the same issue: Cannot install nextcloud due mysql error - SW help - Turris forum, but unfortunately no bug report. I will try reproducing this again on more devices. I created an issue to track this Nextcloud install sometimes fails with "Failed to connect to the database" error (#891) · Issues · Turris / Turris OS / Turris OS packages · GitLab

You can fix the ‘not running’ issue quite easily by issuing the following two commands:

/etc/init.d/mysqld enable
/etc/init.d/mysqld start

I don’t think this will work, the installation script runs and stops the database multiple times in order to set it up and it’s failing at some point there. This would work if the installation succeeded and mysqld just failed to start when everything is set up, but the installation doesn’t seem to finish in these cases.

Package kmod-ata-marvell-sata was available in 6.0.3 and is missing suddenly?

Updater selhal:
inconsistent: Requested package kmod-ata-marvell-sata that is not available.

I am not sure why I have this package installed, in the past I have had minipcie sata card but I am not using the card anymore.

The package kmod-ata-marvell-sata is empty because the purpose of the package was for kirkwood target, and that’s why it was removed as it saves HW resources.

For more reference, you can check this:

There is a pending pull request to backport it to OpenWrt 22.03, but we already have it.

Thanks, I have no idea what kirkwood is, even after going trough all links above :upside_down_face:
Important for me is, do I need to install another package, or is this now core os package?

Oh! Kirkwood target is using MV88F61xx/MV88F62xx SoCs, which we are not using and it is for different devices like Linksys EA3500 and so on. The complete list of the kirkwood devices are in the OpenWrt wiki. It is enough to remove the package, which is missing.

In the Turris Omnia NAS pack, there is SATA controller with chip ASM1061, so what you need is to be sure that you are using NAS userlist in reForis, which includes many useful packages including kmod-ata-ahci which is required to have the SATA controller recognized.

1 Like

Update ok with no unplanned Internet connection or wifi outage. Reboot needed.

Turris Omnia 2017, 1 GB RAM, dead eMMC, system running from mSATA SSD, original wifi cards, WAN via PPtP VDSL. Storage plugin enabled, USB HDD shared over samba4 and minidlna, OpenVPN, PPtP VPN, minipots, custom Turris Webapps on Node.js webserver.

This topic was automatically closed after 19 days. New replies are no longer allowed.