Turris OS 6.0.2 is now released

Dear Turris users,
We just released a Turris OS fixup release 6.0.2.

:rocket: New Features

• Added SSL variants for zabbix

:pushpin: Updates

• Updater-ng updated to 70.0.2
  • Rainbow updated to 0.1.2
    • rainbow should now work on Turris 1.X
  • Unbound updated to 1.17.0
  • igmpproxy updated to 0.3
  • uriparser updated to 0.9.7

:bug: Bug Fixes

• Adjust path for tar in maintain-config-backup script
  • Fixed missing icon in reForis menu for Nextcloud plugin
  • Fixed collisions in ffmpeg packages
  • Fixed collisions in pulseaudio packages
  • Fixed collisions between ttyd and mosquitto packages
  • Fixed kmod-ipt-nathelper-rtsp package with Linux kernel 5.15
  • Fixed initial user creation for Nextcloud
  • Fixed Turris Diagnostics websites on Turris Shield

:package: Other Changes
• Foris backend for old data collection system uCollect was removed

Known issues

• tailscale is missing from this release, we will fix this in Turris OS 6.0.3 which will be released next week.

We know some of you are using tailscale even though our statistics show only very few people using this package. If you would like us to prioritize working on software you use, we would like to ask you to consider enabling Turris Survey.

4 Likes

How to force the installation of a new OS from the console? reForis does not find a new OS for me. I still have the version 5.4.4.
For some time I have been getting notifications regarding:

Updater failed:

inconsistent: Package ksmbd-server requires package kmod-fs-ksmbd that is not available.

Does this release fix those issues (that seem to be specific to Mox, and made us revert to TOS 5.4):

On my Turris v1.1 is not working WIFI led. I tried rainbow config led ‘wlan’ and only ‘all’ but wlan is still turned off.

I managed to reproduce this, thank you for the report. activity monitoring doesn’t work at the moment, but you should still be able to turn on/off the LED manually by running rainbow wlan red enable or an equivalent. I will take a look at this issue.

It seems like we didn’t build the kmod-fs-ksmbd package even though it should be built. Is ksmbd-server a package you use? Did you install it manually or is it a dependency of some other package? If you don’t need ksmbd-server and you installed it manually, you can uninstall it and the update will then pass. If you need it, you might have to stay on TOS5 until it’s building again.

Any clue when the broken 2.4GHz will be fixed? I just updated to 6.0.2 but it is still broken (so time to revert to a snapshot again)

Today I have upgraded my omnia from 5.x to 6.0.x and everything worked fine for me. My networking setup, lxc containers, … migrated.
So guys thank you.

Hello, after update to 6.0.2 WIFI LEDs are still always off and WIFI clients cannot communicate to LAN clients and vice versa, albeit client isolation is not enabled and WIFI network is set to corresponding interface. Kind regards,

Hi Alls,
I installed the 6.0.2 on my Turris. So Far so good except for Firewall Log …

I tried to disabled and Enabled logs but after one or two minutes the error come back …
Any ideas ? something to reconfigure ?

1 Like

LEDs do seem to work normally after reboot. but little bit later they all turn blue.
Why is that? Will that be fixed? I did not change anything. I just updated again and this issue persists

So in my case all LEDs were blue in the past (which I quite liked as it matches my light blue omnia quite well) but since upgrading from TOS5 to TOS6 the ‘power LED’ turned green.
Since this not unreasonable I am fine with that as well, but it was unexpected. I guess I need to have alook at the rainbow configuration to understand why.

P.S.: Update to 6.0.2 was smooth and uneventfull, just as I like it. Thanks!

• Is that mentioned in the release notes or in the release announcement here on the forum?
  • I don’t see any progress on our GitLab instance either.

This means no. This release does not address these issues.

1 Like

I think I already responded to you or it was someone else that this is the known issue.
Reference:

2 Likes

Hey @Pepe
when will these packages be recompiled for Turris 1.x?

opkg list gerbera
Package netdata version 1.26.0-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring.
Package miniupnpd version 2.2.0-5 has no valid architecture, ignoring.
Package samba36-server version 3.6.25-12.27 has no valid architecture, ignoring.
Package php7 version 7.2.34-3 has no valid architecture, ignoring.
Package php7-fpm version 7.2.34-3 has no valid architecture, ignoring.
Package netdata version 1.26.0-1 has no valid architecture, ignoring.
Package miniupnpd version 2.2.0-5 has no valid architecture, ignoring.
Package samba36-server version 3.6.25-12.27 has no valid architecture, ignoring.
Package php7 version 7.2.34-3 has no valid architecture, ignoring.
Package php7-fpm version 7.2.34-3 has no valid architecture, ignoring.
gerbera - 1.7.0-1 - Gerbera - UPnP Media Server based on Mediatomb.

You should check localrepo or either try to remove them and install them again to see which version is going to be installed because I am able to see that in Turris OS 6.0.2, the versioning of the packages differs from your output a lot.

Turris OS 6.0.2 packages:

• Netdata, there is version 1.30.1
  • PHP7, there is version 7.4.32
  • Samba3 is superseded by samba4.
    and I can continue…

Could you send diagnostics to our support?

Sadly it is still the same on turris 1.1. After reboot all leds stay shining blue,
calling rainbow command returns:

reader_loop: bad jump: 8388608
Aborting...

Hmm, I fixed that on my Turris 1.X router and version 0.1.2 in 6.0.2 should contain that patch, could you send the trace of a rainbow command that gives you this issue? bash -x /usr/bin/rainbow <rest of the command>?

like every command arguments have the same message at the end:

$ rainbow -h
Turris leds manipulation.

Usage: /usr/bin/rainbow [OPTION].. <OPERATION>...

Options:
  -p INT  Set priority to given led setting (in default 50 is used)
  -n STR  Slot name ('default' used if not specified)
  -l      List all available LEDs by name
  -x      Run in debug mode
  -h      Print this help text and exit

Operations:
  reset       Reset rainbow state (wipe any runtime changes)
  brightness  Set upper limit on brightness of all leds
  all         Configure all available leds at once
  ledX        Where X is number (up to 12 on Omnia and 8 on 1.x)
  Configure specific led by name:
    wan lan-1 lan-2 lan-3 lan-4 lan-5 wlan power

Every operation has some additional arguments. You can list them by
passing -h option after specifying the operation.
Aborting...

$ rainbow led1 green auto
Aborting...

$ /etc/init.d/rainbow restart
Aborting...

If you need some stack trace or something, let me know how to get it, I am not a pythonist.