Turris OS 6.0.0 is available in HBK

Does this mean that LEDs should be working now? In my case, all Turris Omnia 2020 LEDs light blue, just one is blinking.

luci configuration is as follows:

etc.

This is the result of migrating HBS → HBL → HBK and re-setting colors that were all forgotten.)

What I can do to restore the functionality?

Petr

1 Like

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: Shield s HBK - nefunguje reForis

Sry, but this link only shows development page for 6.0 (on which I don’t find something). If you really have a link to the respective bug, please share it. Otherwise don’t claim it is still open, that doesn’t help anyone, but raises emotions against you :zipper_mouth_face:

3 Likes

@PetrS I also had problems with leds with new driver. You should first set them in LuCi in Leds configuration to the new names so rgb:name and then delete everything from /etc/config/rainbow because there naming convention also changed and do uci commit rainbow and then re-configure colors on Rainbow tab in LuCi. And the settings should be restored after reboot. Except for the brightness.

Because it was removed from the list in the meantime?

@ssdnvv the MR in question (Turris SFP+ not working on kernel 5.15 (#362) · Issues · Turris / Turris OS / Turris Build · GitLab) was merged before @viktor even wrote his snarky comment. It wasn’t removed from the milestone, and one can still find on the Merged list in the Merge requests tab.

3 Likes

That is not the one we are talking about.
I am talking about the ARP-bug that renders roaming impossible if TO is connected to the rest of the respective VLAN-enabled infrastructure via any port except eth2.
I cannot find it as open item in any existing milestone. I’ll search in closed ones and will update this post later accordingly.
Edit: had no luck in searching merged ones. Seems I have to test it :unamused:

1 Like

Why should it be removed? It might be moved to merged/done/closed/obsolete, anything else doesn’t make any sense…

2 Likes

I noticed on Omnia and Turris 1x that we have rainbow back again which is super cool and thanks a lot for that. I just noticed that in reforris there is some labels of colors in combo boxes in english and some in czech. Also the color chosen in reforris is incorrect from what is then real set. Like i set red for pwr and it shine in blue so there is still bit confusion. I wonder what is then the correct color mapping as well as what is the correct led naming for Omnia and Turris1x. I can not set it in Turris 1x as there are fewer leds and probably slighltly different config and it is impossible now to set in in LuCi a LuCi is still broken in Turris1x. I will be happy to change it manually editing /etc/config/rainbow but don’t know how and lazy to explore sources on github. Could anyone help ?

Removed from the list on the site I linked to.

That is no answer to my question but just reiterating your former claim.
If you want to contribute to whatever is done on this forum, share a link to the respective issue or else kindly don’t post anything here.

Why I can’t answer to your direct question?

Maybe this one?

I am not sure what you mean here, you can’t currently set LED colors in reForis. There are settings in Luci that will work once we tag and package a new release of luci-rainbow, but nothing in reForis. In the meantime you can use the rainbow cli utility for setting LEDs.

I meant LuCi but had reforris on my mind.

1 Like

MOX classic, HBK branch, .5 GB, 2x WiFi, simple config.

Reboot problem seems solved in OS 6.0 - tested by repeated reboot via reForis: each of 20 reboots in row was successful!

5 Likes

Thanks, that shows that you do not understand what I am talking about. Your linked issue is not about roaming devices and missing ARP-response.
Please, Viktor, do not try answering to questions that you do not have an answer to.

1 Like

And isn’t it because you didn’t ask specifically enough?

But no problem, you get three more!

Hi there…tempting to unleash this OS on my mox classic. I have a simple config, adblock, pots, wifi 2.4 and 5 ( very important) and a custom VLAN on the fiber input to MOX WAN. Does that work with the current HBK version ?

Also, the MOX here does reboot if there is no OS update…it only locks with updates.

thx, DIKKE

With SFP and VLANs could be problem. It depends on the device or configuration respectively.

Mine config is very simple, basic - no VLAN, no extras (because my MOX is behind Omnia, where are a lot of them - sentinel, pots, RIPE Atlas, lxc, …, but no networking extras). As to WiFi: 5 GHz is working (on Qualcomm Atheros QCA9880 802.11bgnac), whereas 2.4 GHz is not working (on Marvell 88W8997 802.11bgnac) - see

All except 2.4 GHz WiFi is working, reboot problem seems to disappear (except 1st reboot after update, which is acceptable). I could afford to upgrade to OS v6 because MOX is, for time being, not my working horse, thus I can experiment little bit… I wanted to know in advance if upgrade from OS v5 to v6 will be without any significant problems - which seems to be the case.

Wishing good luck to you!

2 Likes