Turris OS 5.4 is out

We have some small things we need to fix for the 6.0 release, so I would say it should be ready soon. If you want to help us make sure the 6.0 is as bug-free as possible, you can try switching to hbl (6.0) today. It’s just one command + a system update as documented in Early access - Turris Documentation.

1 Like

Calling it outdated is not really correct right now, 21.02 is the current latest stable release. They should release 22.03 soon, but 21.02 will still be getting updates.

1 Like

When you will release TOS 6 to HBS, OpenWrt 21.02 will be outdated. Outdated is of course not vulnerable.

Nope. OpenWrt 21.02 is not going to be outdated, it will be supported for one year after OpenWrt 22.03 is released.

Care to elaborate which areas are still needing work?

Since OpenWrt 22 has not been released yet (still at rc6 I believe) and OpenWrt tends to supply updates for the current and previous version TOS based on OpenWrt 20 will not really be outdated…

However it would be nice if upstream could be tracked a bit closer… I do understand that OpenWrt had some major changes in 21 and 22, and itself is much less (but not “not at all”) concerned about automatic updates across versions, making closer tracking tricky…

Why not. :slight_smile: We need to rework Rainbow, so you would not lose LEDs on Turris Omnia. Also, implement support for Turris SFP in kernel 5.15. We need to see what is going on with SDIO. Take a look at why Updater is throwing stacktrace in notification and so on.

I understand your concerns, and I agree with you. Hopefully, it is going to be better. There are no breaking changes in OpenWrt 22.03 for us, except they are using nftables instead of iptables. Let’s see :crossed_fingers: I sent a several pull requests to be included to OpenWrt 22.03 and if those going to be merged, then it will save us some work.

8 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 18 days. New replies are no longer allowed.