Turris OS 5.4.3 released

Dear Turris users,

We are happy to provide you with Turris OS 5.4.3 release in the stable branch. This release fixes “permission denied” warnings on package installations while bringing software updates, including a security fix (related to not yet published CVE-2022-38725 according to syslog-ng authors).

List of Changes:

:bug: Bug Fixes
• Fixed permission denied while installing packages

:pushpin: Updates
• Kernel to version 4.14.292
• Knot DNS to version 3.1.7
• Knot Resolver to version 5.5.2
• syslog-ng to version 3.38.1 (security fix)

As always: The update will apply automatically to your device if you have automatic updates enabled (please visit reForis for manual update / update approval otherwise).

You can read a list of known bugs applying to the current release in the Erratum.

In case you encounter any issues, feel free to contact our support department.

2 Likes

I notice that the update permission notification says

Your approval is required to apply pending updates. You can grant it in the Foris administrative interface in the 'Updater' menu.

which should now refer to reForis, and that the approval should be granted under Package Management->Updates

You are right, but that’s going to be fixed in Turris OS 6.0, where Foris is completely removed. :slight_smile:

Reference:

2 Likes

My bad, I should have searched! Thanks.

The update itself was flawless.

Update ok: Turris Omnia 2017, 1 GB RAM, dead eMMC, system running from mSATA SSD, original wifi cards. Storage plugin enabled, LXC containers, tor relay, USB HDD shared over samba4 and minidlna, SQM, Hardwario gateway + MQTT IoT bridge, OpenVPN, PPtP VPN.

This topic was automatically closed after 19 days. New replies are no longer allowed.