Turris OS 5.2 - HBL

When will be TOS 5.2 in HBL?

This three days old post is not inappropriate, offensive, abusive and is not a violation of the community guidelines.

Thank you, @pepe!

Omnia (HBL)

##### Update notifications #####
 • Installed version 5.2.0 of package turris-version

After last update, Foris and reForis starts with Guide. SSH is accessible.

I think one of its explanations could be that you haven’t finished a guide as for me at least it is working as it should, which I just tested on HBL. You can try to check file /etc/config/foris , but remember, HBL is for experienced users.

Or because last update wiped configuration file. That was the point.

0 -rw-r--r--    1 root     root             0 Aug 27 15:21 /etc/config/foris
##### Error notifications #####
Updater failed: 

inconsistent: Requested package fix-updater-rm-log that is not available.

Hi @viktor,
this message is visible on the end of switch-branch process to the HBL branch:

You are now in branch containing software build every night. It often contains bugs and sometimes requires manual intervention!
It is based on latest stable OpenWrt branch with latest Turris OS changes.
Turris team provides no guarantees and no support for this branch. You can get some help on forum (https://forum.test.turris.cz/).
If you encounter some bugs than please debug cause and report it to developers trough gitlab (Turris · GitLab),
You shouldn’t be in this branch unless you are advanced user!
To return to stable branch run this command: switch-branch hbs

And there is the explanation what HBL branch is:

hbl (lions, next-minor)
This rolling release tracks stable OpenWrt upstream and the latest Turris
development. It is commonly used to prepare next minor releases (aka 1.x.0)
or next major if no more minor version would be released. Manual intervention
might be sometimes required to fix introduced bugs and because of that it is
suggested to be used only by experienced users.

It is useless to write about errors in that develop branch to the Turris forum.

4 Likes

reForis 1.0

<big><big> **AttributeError** </big></big> Python 3.7.8: /usr/bin/python3
Wed Sep 30 08:57:38 2020

A problem occurred in a Python script. Here is the sequence of function calls leading up to the error, in the order they occurred.

[/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flup/server/fcgi_base.py](file:///usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flup/server/fcgi_base.py) in  **run** (self=<flup.server.fcgi_base.Request object>)

[/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flup/server/fcgi_base.py](file:///usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flup/server/fcgi_base.py) in  **handler** (self=<flup.server.fcgi.WSGIServer object>, req=<flup.server.fcgi_base.Request object>)

[/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/reforis/__main__.py](file:///usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/reforis/__main__.py) in  **__call__** (self=<reforis.__main__.AppWrapper object>, environ={'CONTENT_LENGTH': '0', 'DOCUMENT_ROOT': '/www/turris-webapps/', 'GATEWAY_INTERFACE': 'CGI/1.1', 'HTTP_ACCEPT': 'text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;...,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.9', 'HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING': 'gzip, deflate', 'HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE': 'cs-CZ,cs;q=0.9,en;q=0.8', 'HTTP_CONNECTION': 'keep-alive', 'HTTP_COOKIE': '_csrf_token=a3ef45679463aee50faa641299beac086303e198; session=c5c3a026-fc4e-4bab-86fb-ecd592282dd6', 'HTTP_DNT': '1', 'HTTP_HOST': '10.0.0.83', ...}, start_response=<function BaseFCGIServer.handler.<locals>.start_response>)

[/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py](file:///usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py) in  **__call__** (self=<Flask 'reforis'>, environ={'CONTENT_LENGTH': '0', 'DOCUMENT_ROOT': '/www/turris-webapps/', 'GATEWAY_INTERFACE': 'CGI/1.1', 'HTTP_ACCEPT': 'text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;...,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.9', 'HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING': 'gzip, deflate', 'HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE': 'cs-CZ,cs;q=0.9,en;q=0.8', 'HTTP_CONNECTION': 'keep-alive', 'HTTP_COOKIE': '_csrf_token=a3ef45679463aee50faa641299beac086303e198; session=c5c3a026-fc4e-4bab-86fb-ecd592282dd6', 'HTTP_DNT': '1', 'HTTP_HOST': '10.0.0.83', ...}, start_response=<function BaseFCGIServer.handler.<locals>.start_response>)

[/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py](file:///usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py) in  **wsgi_app** (self=<Flask 'reforis'>, environ={'CONTENT_LENGTH': '0', 'DOCUMENT_ROOT': '/www/turris-webapps/', 'GATEWAY_INTERFACE': 'CGI/1.1', 'HTTP_ACCEPT': 'text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;...,*/*;q=0.8,application/signed-exchange;v=b3;q=0.9', 'HTTP_ACCEPT_ENCODING': 'gzip, deflate', 'HTTP_ACCEPT_LANGUAGE': 'cs-CZ,cs;q=0.9,en;q=0.8', 'HTTP_CONNECTION': 'keep-alive', 'HTTP_COOKIE': '_csrf_token=a3ef45679463aee50faa641299beac086303e198; session=c5c3a026-fc4e-4bab-86fb-ecd592282dd6', 'HTTP_DNT': '1', 'HTTP_HOST': '10.0.0.83', ...}, start_response=<function BaseFCGIServer.handler.<locals>.start_response>)

[/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py](file:///usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py) in  **handle_exception** (self=<Flask 'reforis'>, e=AttributeError("'NullTranslations' object has no attribute 'json_catalog'"))

[/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/reforis/__init__.py](file:///usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/reforis/__init__.py) in  **internal_error** (error=AttributeError("'NullTranslations' object has no attribute 'json_catalog'"))

[/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/templating.py](file:///usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/templating.py) in  **render_template** (template_name_or_list='errors/500.html', **context={'error': AttributeError("'NullTranslations' object has no attribute 'json_catalog'"), 'g': <flask.ctx._AppCtxGlobals object>, 'request': <Request 'http://10.0.0.83/reforis/guide/' [GET]>, 'session': <FileSystemSession {'_permanent': True, 'logged'...en': 'a3ef45679463aee50faa641299beac086303e198'}>})

[/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py](file:///usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/flask/app.py) in  **update_template_context** (self=<Flask 'reforis'>, context={'error': AttributeError("'NullTranslations' object has no attribute 'json_catalog'"), 'g': <flask.ctx._AppCtxGlobals object>, 'request': <Request 'http://10.0.0.83/reforis/guide/' [GET]>, 'session': <FileSystemSession {'_permanent': True, 'logged'...en': 'a3ef45679463aee50faa641299beac086303e198'}>})

[/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/reforis/__init__.py](file:///usr/lib/python3.7/site-

packages/reforis/init.py) in add_translations_catalog_to_ctx ()

[/usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/reforis/locale.py](file:///usr/lib/python3.7/site-packages/reforis/locale.py) in  **get_translations** ()

**AttributeError** : 'NullTranslations' object has no attribute 'json_catalog'
 args = ("'NullTranslations' object has no attribute 'json_catalog'",)
 with_traceback = <built-in method with_traceback of AttributeError object>

Issue still persist.

@viktor, I would argue that this branch HBL, which you are using is not for you. It is a rolling release. Bugs are expected and you should debug the cause yourself and report it to us, which you didn’t do. This is not a right place. If you are going to report every mistake, which happens there and we know that it happens as you know source code somehow needs to be created then we will close this thread.

Maybe it could be better clarified what to do when users face issues in which branch. I.e.:

HBS+HBT - report to forum and expect them to be solved by Turris Team.
HBL: diagnose the root cause yourself, search for reported bugs in gitlab and file a bug/MR to gitlab if not found there.

1 Like

Isn’t it already in our official documentation or while you are using switch-branch?

Ah, you’re right :smiley:

So the conclusion is that HBL bugs should not be discussed here on the forum, right?

1 Like

reForis 1.0 is working now and it’s look wonderful.

They can be discussed. It is even encouraged but reference is always needed. I am not against users seeking help on forum with issues in HBL but posts about that should contain little bit more info. It makes no sense to post here every single error dump without a context. Posting it with context and better even reference to gitlab to verify issue between users that is different story, I would even encourage that.
It should be also noted that in general when using HBL or even HBK it makes sense to wait few days if error won’t resolve itself. This primarily applies to errors about blocked updates (errors about missing dependencies and packages and such). Updater’s lists are build much faster than packages (that can take few hours) and there can also be a bug in package that causes even longer block. In most cases we know about issue and working on it. Sometimes fix is already being build at time we see post on the forum. On the other hand if issue persists for a long time it is for sure a good idea to post it to forum to discuss it here and then even creating and issue in our gitlab.

4 Likes

You probably know it. It’s meant well.

# Oznámení o chybách

Updater selhal:

[string “transaction”]:333: [string “transaction”]:153: Collisions:

• /www/webapps-icons/luci.svg: turris-webapps-luci (new-file), luci-base (existing-file)

• /usr/share/turris-webapps/05_luci.conf: turris-webapps-luci (new-file), luci-base (existing-file)

Update: Solved.

We know. It was already reported to me four times since lunchtime internally. I think this is urgent. My colleague already fixed it and I should review it before it gets merged. But didn’t take a look at it, yet. Because I was not available at that time. I am home for already an hour and trying to catch up with all the work.

1 Like
Oznámení o chybách
=====================
Updater selhal: 

compilation: [string "base-conditional.lua"]:6: '=' expected near 'Install'

Update: Solved.