Turris OS 5.2.5 is in the Testing branch

Dear Turris users,

We pushed Turris OS 5.2.5 into the testing branch. It is formally based on OpenWrt 19.07.8. Most of the featured changes we bring to you in the past releases.

What’s new in this release?

• Updated kernel to version 4.14.243
  • Updated Knot DNS to version 3.0.8
  • Updated turrishw to version 0.5.1
  • Fixed issue to resolve cronie and vixie-cron while upgrading from Turris OS 3.x
  • Updated adblock, https-dns-proxy
  • Some improvements in ubus/libubox

If you would like to try this release before it goes to the stable branch, take a look at our documentation for more details about development branches.

As always, we appreciate any feedback regarding this release.

4 Likes

Omnia restarted itself immediately after the automatic update. (contrary to my settings)

1 Like

My Omnia made the same … but Turris 1.0 not

1 Like

My Omnia is in HBK branch, set to “Enable automatic updates” and “Update approval needed”. There was NO automatic restart after last update. Maybe because I updated it manualy by pkgupdate in CLI…

My Omnia also restarted. This is in log:

05:34:52 notice procd[]: /etc/rc.d/S85updater-journal-recover: /usr/lib/opkg/info//luci-i18n-firewall-cs.postinst: .: line 2: can't open '/etc/uci-  defaults/luci-i18n-firewall-cs': No such file or directory

On my MOX, I got the very clear notification email during the day indicating an automatic reboot overnight, as per my settings. However this morning the MOX was stuck and I had to do a hard reboot. This problem has plagued my MOX with most 5.x.x automatic updates.
Everything seems OK since hard reboot.

I think due to some changes, there could be some restart immediately after the update to ensure that everything is working.

We released the 2nd RC of this version, and hopefully soon, it will go out to the stable branch. Not many changes from 1st RC. Just update of some node packages. :slight_smile: