Turris OS 5.1.10 is released!

Dear Turris users,

We have just released Turris OS 5.1.10 from HBT :turtle: (Testing) branch. This release is the last fixup release for Turris OS 5.1. Because we are working on bringing to you minor release Turris OS 5.2 with new features!

Here goes highlights of this release - Turris OS 5.1.10:

• Fixed Python3 vulnerabilities - CVE-2021-3177 and CVE-2021-23336
  • Fixed Open vSwitch vulnerability - CVE-2020-35498
  • Fixed screen vulnerability - CVE-2021-26937
  • Fixed BIND vulnerability - CVE-2020-8625

There is also updated kernel, unbound, knot-resolver, knot, hostapd, unbound, zerotier, netdata, nano and and rest.

We suggest to update to this version as soon as possible to make your routers safe as Python3 and a few tools from BIND package are preinstalled.

If you are using automatic updates, you will be updated to this version soon. However, if you are using delayed updates or approvals, take a look at Updater tab to confirm the update.

As usual, we would like to hear feedback regarding this release and if there are any bugs, please let us know!

6 Likes

New Omnia (standard config) -> installation, reboot -> ok.
Old Omnia -> (lxc, connedted hardware and other) -> installation, reboot -> reboot -> reboot -> rollback -> reboot -> installation, reboot -> reboot. And then I figured out that my problems with Z-Stick are not connected to kernel, but to rear usb port. In front port it works…
There is another thread for this problem.

Had no internet this morning, (off for 5 hours).

Both modem and router showed LED’s as if the connection was up.

Rebooted modem but nothing changed, powered the Turris Omnia on/off and regained connection.

Only after looking in “Snapshots” did I find that an update had taken place.

There are no notifications and no reboot request as there have been with past updates.

Hello,

Please reach our Technical support department. It would be helpful if you send us a diagnostics to take a look at what’s going on in your case.

Turris Omnia 5.1.9 -> 5.1.10. Worked smoothly and it is running fine. Standard setup + OpenVPN, Nextcloud, DDNS.

I have attached netbooted Mox, which again required the revoke, factory reset and accept procedure to be in functional state and recognized by Omnia. This issue is already described on GitLab.

Thanks for all your work. I appreciate it.

Diagnostic has been sent.

1 Like

Hello, there are probably some changes in driver for wifi cards, because there are troubles for me. Tested on my old Turris 1.0 and there seems to be problem - wireless card is connected, but… I have no IP address , I got only autoconfig address 169.x.x.x . In my Mox all seems to be all OK without problems. On my older blue turris I made roll back via schnapps to 5.1.9 and all seems to be fine now.
So please are there any driver changes here ? If yes, for me on older hardware doesn’t work properly… sorry.

And again just a few minutes ago we lost internet.

This time I could access both modem and Omnia router.

Saw a partial notice saying an update had failed.

No snapshots had been created and can’t see anything updated.

Obtained diagnostics before rebooting , sending to support.

Updated Omnia Indiegogo 2GB RAM and MOX P-A(SDIO)-B(Mikrotik R11e-2HnD): Omnia had no issues at all, with MOX the SDIO-WiFi signal strength is still very very bad.

My Omnia has quite big amount of dropped packets even in LAN. I think it happens with all 5.1* versions. Are there any way to understand why it’s happening and fix it?

Info:

3: eth1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group default qlen 532
    RX: bytes  packets  errors  dropped overrun mcast   
    10941207351 30208664 0       637     0       0       
    TX: bytes  packets  errors  dropped carrier collsns 
    64174016004 55901787 0       0       0       0       
4: eth2: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc mq state UP group default qlen 532
    73890804108 62397126 0       81283   0       0       
    10944755198 26096959 0       0       0       0       
5: lan0@eth1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue master br-lan state UP group default qlen 1000
    6089980501 16519391 0       8       0       0       
    27413419862 21534163 0       0       0       0       
6: lan1@eth1: <BROADCAST,MULTICAST,UP,LOWER_UP> mtu 1500 qdisc noqueue master br-lan state UP group default qlen 1000
    3967151679 11466878 0       30174   0       0       
    35891907166 31704863 0       0       0       0       

Thank you!

Well, you have already owm thread Omnia drops a lot of packets over ethernet and there is no need to write it under this post, which compares changes from previous version of Turris OS. If anything, Turris support is ready to help you.

There is no attention in that thread and I wanted to confirm that new release 5.1.10 is also affected.

Is there a plan to update NextCloud as well? Also in respect with upcoming 5.2.0 version of TOS.
I would appreciate it.

And again this morning I have a failed upgrade notice .

Updater failed:

runtime: [string “requests”]:417: [string “utils”]:420: Getting URI (https://repo.turris.cz/hbs/omnia/lists/pkglists/datacollect.lua) failed: The requested URL returned error: 502 Bad Gateway

This error, which you got regarding Bad Gateway known as HTTP error code 502 was related to a small outage on one of our servers, which affected repo.turris.cz, and we fixed that within an hour so you should receive it just once and no longer since. Updater tries to check for new updates every 4 hours.

You can check if there are other same notifications or go to the Updater tab and press Save changes w/o modifying anything, and Update will start its process in the background.

Thanks, I’ll check that and see what happens. So you are aware this is the third time in a week that I have had that error message.

No, it would help if you distinguished these error messages. Error message with 502 Bad Gateway was just once this week, and it didn’t happen recently. Others like connection timeout, couldn’t resolve are most likely related to your’s Internet connection.