Turris OS 5.0.2 reached Testing branch!

Dear Turris users,

In the HBT (Testing) :turtle: branch you can find a new fixup release of Turris OS 5.0.

What has been changed in Turris OS 5.0.2? This time, there are no security updates, but bug fixes and improvements. You can find here node packages for mvebu target (Turris Omnia, Turris MOX), which were missing in Turris OS 5.0.1 and for Turris 1.x routers (the blue one) owners, we were able to look at the OpenSSL bug, which means that there is now enabled DNS over TLS by default and you can use OpenVPN as well and don’t forget that Turris 1.x is still experimentally supported. Also, there are migration fixes from Turris OS 3.x.

Developer changelog:

OpenWrt feed:

• ca-certificates: updated to version 20200601
  • uclient: updated to 2020-06-17

Packages feed:

• haveged: updated to version 1.9.12
  • transmission: updated to version 3.0 and add notification when it is disabled, so you need to configure it first
  • umpdcli: updated to version 1.4.6

Turris feed:

• netmetr: updated to version 1.5.5
  • knot-resolver: set root.key (DNSSEC key) as read-only
  • nghttp2: backported an update to compile node packages
  • backported build fixes to compile LuCI packages
  • fixes for experimental migration from Turris OS 3.x for advanced users

Do you want to try this release? You need to run this following command on your router switch-branch hbt to be in the Testing branch. If you want to opt-out, you need to use switch-code hbs.

As always any feedback for this release is highly appreciated.

1 Like

List of known bugs:

Since Turris OS 3.x release:
This time, there was no any ddns-package update, so you don’t need to worry about, but if you came from earlier versions of Turris OS, be careful!

Since Turris OS 4.x release:

• In some cases, Turris MOX is not correctly rebooted.
  • MOX SDIO Guest networking might not be supported, yet. This is going to be fixed in upcoming fixup releases.
  • You can not have installed ttyd and mosquitto at the same time. This is an upstream issue and it was reported to them. See https://github.com/openwrt/packages/issues/11632

Since Turris OS 5.0 release:

• Some Knot DNS packages can not be installed. This is going to be fixed with minor versions of Turris OS.
  • Package syslog-ng does not start if you have disabled interface for IPv6. We ruled out that this does not have anything to do with the hostname of your router.
  • Package v4l-utils was not compiled.

It might be worth testing this one a little more carefully than usual. On another distro I saw one person two people reporting that their torrents disappeared (and didn’t recover even on downgrade) but other people didn’t experience anything like that. If I looked correctly, the version migrates the *.torrent files to a different file-naming scheme, but perhaps the issue was this one :man_shrugging:

The package comes from packages feed and the maintainer of transmission is @neheb. If anything like this is going to be reported then it is good that we know about that. Let’s see…

I’ve never personally tested that. But I have noticed that torrent filenames are now hashes.