Dear Turris users,
We pushed a new version of Turris OS 5.0.2 from HBT (Testing) branch into HBS (Stable) branch. It means that the release is out there for all the Turris routers and if you are using the previous version of Turris OS 5.0.1, you will be automatically updated to this release. If you are using Approvals, you will receive the notification about it.
This time, this is a bugfix release with some improvements. There are node packages for Turris Omnia and Turris MOX router, which was missing in Turris OS 5.0.1 release. For the owners of the Turris 1.x router (the blue one), we were able to look to a bug in the OpenSSL library. This means if you were using any DNS servers from the provided list, you will be using DNS over TLS by default and there is working OpenVPN. Don’t forget that Turris 1.x is still experimentally supported. Also, there are improvements for the migration from the Turris OS 3.x.
- ca-certificates: updated to version 20200601
- uclient: updated to 2020-06-17
- haveged: updated to version 1.9.12
- transmission: updated to version 3.0 and add notification when it is disabled, so you need to configure it first
- umpdcli: updated to version 1.4.6
- netmetr: updated to version 1.5.5
- knot-resolver: set root.key (DNSSEC key) as read-only
- nghttp2: backported an update to compile node packages
- backported build fixes to compile LuCI packages
- fixes for experimental migration from Turris OS 3.x for advanced users
Any feedback regarding this release is appreciated.