Dear Turris users,
We released a new beta8 version of Turris OS 4.0 for Turris Omnia and Turris MOX. This release contains mostly several security fixes in kernel, subversion, clamav, mariadb also there are updated packages like Nextcloud, Unbound, Foris, sentinel-certgen, …
Release notes for this release are:
- nextcloud: updated to version 16.0.3
- mariadb: updated to version 10.4.7
- unbound: updated to version 1.9.2
- foris: updated to version 100.3
- PPPoE credentials in WAN tab are now mandatory
- fixed connection test (turris/foris#171)
- sentinel-certgen: updated to version 6.1.3 (fixes turris/sentinel/certgen#12)
- nodogsplash: updated to version 4.0.1
- libaio: updated to version 0.3.112
- libdouble-conversion: updated to version 3.1.4
- subversion: fix for CVE-2018-11782, CVE-2019-0203, CVE-2018-11803
- kernel: fix for CVE-2019-3846, CVE-2019-3900, CVE-2019-13648, CVE-2019-10207
When you are using previous Turris OS 4.0 beta7 release and if you are not using approvals, you should be updated to this version automatically. If you do, there will be waiting for you a notification in Updater tab to approve the update.
If you would like to try this release instead of Turris OS 3.x release on Turris Omnia and start from scratch, you need to download medkit to USB flash drive, which will be formatted on EXT2/3/4. Don’t extract it and plug it to the Turris Omnia router and by using re-flash method (4 LED), it will erase all the data from the current operating system including and write there a new operating system Turris OS 4.0.
We are looking forward to receiving your feedback for this release.