Dear Turris users,
We released a new version of Turris OS alpha3. We would like to hear feedback for Turris Omnia and Turris MOX. There are some known issues, which you can find in my second post in this thread. We don’t advice users/owners of Turris 1.0 and Turris 1.1 to test it due to kernel issues.
Most interesting changes in this release are:
- Added support for Mox OTP (command mox-otp)
- Fixed LEDs on Omnia (rainbow)
- SFP on Omnia can be now used by changing used device tree
- Updater-ng should now require less memory to update system
- Domains of DHCP clients in DNS were fixed
- Various packages updates and new Luci theme called Rosy
If there is someone who would like to give it try on Turris Omnia:
We recommend to plug USB flash drive to your router and create snapshot, so you can rollback anytime and/or restore your configuration very easily.
You need to proceed these two commands in CLI:
$ schnapps create pre-4.0 backup $ schnapps export 167 /mnt/backup
Assume snapshot number 167 was created and your USB flash is mounted on /mnt/backup
Then you can take another USB flash drive and put there rootfs, which you can download here and by using 4 LED (re-flash) method described in our documentation you can flash it to your router and start testing Turris OS 4.0.
We hope that you will enjoy it!