Turris OS 4.0 alpha2 is out!

alsa library, shairport-sync and pulseaudio to version 12

Thank you for the suggestion. These packages are maintained by upstream not by us. Generally, Turris OS 4.x is designed as a patchset for OpenWrt with our own feed mostly with our packages and with few patches.

I have been able to look, which versions are used in OpenWrt 18.06.02 (HBS, HBT, HBK are currently based on it) and if you want to try OpenWrt master (HBD).

OpenWrt 18.06.02 (Turris OS 4.0 alpha2) | OpenWrt master (Turris OS 4.0 branch HBD):
alsa-lib: 1.1.6-1.0 | 1.1.8-1
alsa-utils: 1.1.6-2.0 | 1.1.7-1
shairport-sync-openssl (as well mini variant): 3.1.6-1.0 | 3.2.2-3
pulseaudio-{daemon,profiles,tools}: 11.1-2.0 | 12.2-1

There is a planned OpenWrt 18.06.03, so if you want to have these packages updated, you can suggest them to OpenWrt maintainers to update there from their current master or somebody (even you) may try to send pull request to upstream and see if it will be accepted.

need working LXC of whatever version.

As @anon50890781 said, there is LXC version 2.1.1. See our reply here and also Github issue in OpenWrt packages: lxc still being maintained? · Issue #7694 · openwrt/packages · GitHub

I wanted to contribute of updated packages from upstream

I have already replied to your pull request in OpenWrt. Similar as you do this, you can send us a pull request to our repository on Github, which is our mirror from Gitlab. - currently: test branch is for Turris OS 3.x and master for Turris OS 4.x. If you want to contribute on Gitlab, I suggest you read our documentation for contributing.