Dear Turris users,
We are pleased to announce a new version of Turris 4.0 - alpha2, which has been released today. We would like to hear feedback for Turris MOX, also we are interested in feedback on Turris Omnia, but there might be a few issues, which are mention in the second post. Currently, Turris 1.x is broken because of kernel issues and that’s why we don’t advice you to test it on it! We are working on it.
Most interesting changes in this release are:
- Based on latest OpenWRT 18.06.2
- A New Updater configuration (requires updater reconfiguration!)
- Packages lists cleaned up and some unmaintained ones were dropped
- A new version of Foris with new backend bus based on MQTT
- Upstream versions for some primary packages were backported
- Fixed compilation for most of the packages
- And other small fixes in a lot of system utilities
Update for Turris MOX owners should be smooth. However, in some special situations, there could be some issues and in that case, we think that using medkit should be helpful.
If someone wants to give it try on Turris Omnia:
We suggest to plug USB flash drive to your router and create snapshot, so you can rollback or restore your configuration very easily. This can be done in CLI:
$ schnapps create pre-4.0 backup $ schnapps export 166 /mnt/backup
Assume snapshot number 166 was created and your USB flash is mounted on /mnt/backup
Then you can take another USB flash drive and put there rootfs, which you can download here and by using 4 LED (re-flash) method described in our documentation you can flash it to your router and start testing Turris OS 4.0.
We hope that you will enjoy it!