Turris OS 4.0.2 is released into HBT - Testing branch

hello there. My Mox classic TurrisOS 4.0.2 5c18e8f / LuCI branch (git-19.331.32417-bb0a468) is on switch-branch hbt . about 6 days ago ( 27 -11) it stopped doing the daily updates.
Then i did switch-branch hbt again, and it gave this update

News announcements

• Based on the latest OpenWrt 18.06.5
• added missing hardening package list
etc etc

after that update, it stopped again updating. When i do “switch-branch hbt’” again, it is loading the same update as above.
Not sure if this is supposed to act like this?

There was no release to hbt branch since 27.11. and release before that was 18.11. There was just no update to apply.

Switching branch cases full router reinstall so that is why it sent you news announcement. It wasn’t because router was updated. It was because switch-branch runs pkgupdate --reinstall-all.

1 Like

ah ok, that explains. thank you.

Kdy bude verze 4.0.2 vydána? Je první, která umí propojit Omnii a MOX přes Foris a rád bych začal používat Netboot.

When is it going to be released? Well when we resolve problems present in release like reboots when client connects to Wi-Fi. Trust me we would be happy if it would be already out but we can’t release version with such fatal problem to stable.

4 Likes

EDIT: Question in Czech was if this release is available for Turris 1.0 and Turris 1.1 routers and that he tried it, but the package kmod-mmc-fsl-p2020 was missing and we found what’s wrong and it will be fixed in the upcoming RC version of Turris OS 4.0.2.

Děkujeme za nahlášení. Bude opravené v další RC vezi Turris OS 4.0.2. Pull request:

It seems that upstream was able to manage to have a fix for the reboot issue today, which was present in RC3 of Turris OS 4.0.2. We have tested it and prepared a new RC4 version for you available in the HBT branch.

The difference between RC3 and RC4:

• tor: updated to version 4.1.6.
  • nano: updated to version 4.6
  • transmission: sync with master branch
  • luajit: copy versioned library
  • kernel: updated to version 4.14.156
  • lxc: fix CVE-2019-5736
    and small improvements for Turris 1.x support.
5 Likes

RC3
Omnia 2GB - eMMC dead, msata boot , 2x LXC (Pihole),Wifi AP mode, two Wifi card active.

Stable - don’t reboot loop.

Turris Omnia
Sériové číslo xxxxxxxxxx
Verze Turris OS 4.0.2
Turris OS branch hbt
Verze jádra systému 4.14.156

The new RC version of Turris OS 4.0.2 just released. There are minor changes, for example, as the updated changelog.

2 Likes

Thanks to anyone who tested this release. We’ve just released it for everyone.

https://forum.test.turris.cz/t/turris-os-4-0-2-is-out/11674/2