Turris OS 3.8 is out!

Hi, my router is restarted too. Always when one particular mobile phone connects to wifi. Restart is repeated when the mobile is connected.

My report:

Turris - RTRS02
version: 3.8

cat /proc/version 
Linux version 4.4.87-d74822050ae7ec4a1e49c6af6d672787-2 (beast@build) (gcc version 4.8.3 (OpenWrt/Linaro GCC 4.8-2014.04 r47055) ) #1 SMP Wed Sep 13 11:41:58 CEST 2017

Sep 17 17:17:24 172.27.xxx.xxx dhcp_host_domain_ng.py: DHCPv4 new lease
Sep 17 17:17:24 172.27.xxx.xxx dhcp_host_domain_ng.py: DHCP add new hostname [smoke-htc,192.168.1.162]
Sep 17 17:17:24 172.27.xxx.xxx dhcp_host_domain_ng.py: Refresh unbound leases
Sep 17 17:17:24 172.27.xxx.xxx kernel: [   90.035947] Unable to handle kernel paging request for data at address 0x00008104
Sep 17 17:17:24 172.27.xxx.xxx kernel: [   90.043463] Faulting instruction address: 0xc04b5330
Sep 17 17:17:24 172.27.xxx.xxx kernel: [   90.048438] Oops: Kernel access of bad area, sig: 11 [#1]
...AND REBOOT...

Hi,
I found the same in syslog.

So mine rebooted every two minutes for about an hour and has since been stable. I donā€™t know what magic spells they use in this device but itā€™s quite an achievement to produce such inconsistencies and randomness.

I can confirm that my Turris 1.0 also reboots randomly since the update. Several times today already. I just went to this forum for the first time in months just to see if this is a known issue.

I have a problem with the operation of LEDs for pci-e 1,2,3 Omnia Turris after restart, does not shine - just as I go to the ā€œSystemā€ -> ā€œLED Configurationā€> ā€œSave & Applyā€ LEDs are beginning to work.

Why is that?

1 Like

I went into infinite bootloop after 3.8 update on Turris 1.1. Only solution was factory reset. Now iam on 3.7.3 and its OK

Same for me. /etc/rc.d/S99rainbow and S99setup_led are probably too close in time. So I added sleep 3 into start() section of S99setup_led to give more time for rainbow and now itā€™s working for me.

The System Log on my TO with 3.8 firmware is full of following error mesagges

2017-09-18T17:15:04+02:00 err nikola: (v42) Exception thrown: failed to get serial number - Communication crashed due to bad status code from ATSHA204 device. Please, use verbose mode for more information.
2017-09-18T17:15:04+02:00 err nikola: (v42) Exception traceback: [(ā€˜/usr/bin/nikolaā€™, 181, ā€˜ā€™, 'server = WrappedServer(server_address, ssl_context=ssl_

and second type of errors is

2017-09-18T22:02:08+02:00 err turris-firewall-rules: (v63) Failed to download https://api.turris.cz/firewall/turris-ipsets.gz.sign

Has anybody an idea what is wrong?

This is some error with atsha. We are using it to verify router (so that is why data collection fails). In this case error is not too descriptive and basically means that something went wrong during communication with atsha. I would suggest reboot or even reset (reset button or short power disconnect) to try to erase state of chip and i2c bus.

I had the exact same problem and I didnā€™t touch any DHCP/DNS settings. Had to do full reset, no IP changes in wizard, disabled updates in wizard. Then I enabled updates manually and patched the DHCP config file manually.

Since 3.8 DDNS was missing (could be reinstalled) and my router is available from the Internet, regarding ssh and the normal interfaces for foris and Luciā€¦ Why is that?

What an epic thread!

Well, for now I just want to say Thank You to Omnia Turris team for the big update. For anything else I rather look whether there is a different thread matching to topic or open a new one.

I am having the same problem: Requested package luci-i18n-ddns-en that is missing, ignoring as requested.. Any idea how to fix this?

This is fine. For some reason Luci-ddns developers decided that they will do languages little bit differently and integrated English to their primary package. So our code for localization selection for luci in updater is also requesting this non-existent package. And I really canā€™t be bothered to add exception because one developed did it differently. Just ignore that warning. You have two you have already ignored.

1 Like

Is it included in 3.8.1 now? Deciding, if I should update or not :slight_smile:

Edit: Trial and error summary:
luci-app-sqm is forcefully uninstalled during update, but at least it can be installed back from repository.

Hi miska,

I choose not to do a manual install, as you proposed, as I expected the 3.8.1 update to arrive fairly soon.

Now 3.8.1 was installed on my Turris yesterday and I can see the transmission-web was part of that update (at least it was listed in the mail).

However, when I now attempt to access the transmission web page, Iā€™m now greeted with this 404 error:

Couldn't find Transmission's web interface files!

Users: to tell Transmission where to look, set the TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME environment variable to the folder where the web interface's index.html is located.

Package Builders: to set a custom default at compile time, #define PACKAGE_DATA_DIR in libtransmission/platform.c or tweak tr_getClutchDir () by hand.

I had expected this would be working out of the box, as I didnā€™t have to deal with it the first time I installed transmission-web.

If I have to set the path manually, then whatā€™s the path?

Thanks in advance.

No more lftp support? That is very unfortunate! Very! Ofc, I can use it in a lxc containerā€¦ but Iā€™d like to see it for the Turris OS again.

Agree its unfortunate. Seems to be stripped from 3.8.1. But you can still use manual installation version from 3.8 repo: http://repo.turris.cz/archive/omnia/3.8/packages/packages/lftp_4.7.3-1_mvebu.ipk

1 Like